lean between 5-5.5k @ wot IDEAS?

My car was mapped 2 weeks ago for 0.8bar, 1.2bar, and 1.3bar.

Today i noticed in 3rd gear @ 1.3 bar comes in rich in the 11s, and @5.5-5k goes into the 12s 12.5 I've seen, then after 5.5-6k richens back into the 11s.

4th gear is bang on between 11-12afr

i tested the other pressure settings and all in between 11-12afr.

So im thinking why in 3rd gear and @1.3bar it runs leans for a short time...

any ideas would be great

Am i right i should be going for grade 8 sparkies ? running just under 270hp and using grade 7 atm.

• 4 weeks later...

wouldnt worry about it mate, it's not exactly lean. if it was in the 13's then i would be looking at richening it up. the recent spell of cold weather is probably to blame - colder air is denser - so more oxygen per metre cubed - leaning your air to fuel ratio

got it sorted. went back to have a road map which didnt cost nothing to add more fuel. it wasnt detting was that was a good thing. now hes added more fuel we added the boost up so peaking 1.5bar now :D but to hold for 1.4bar.

:D

colder weather shouldn't affect it if it's been mapped properly. the cold weather will cause you to hit a higher ecu load though and the cells in that particular rpm range won't be putting in enough fuel.

please do explain?

the boost pressure could be the same only have more oxygen in it per metre cubed, so more air, so at the same boost value it runs leaner. the value in the ecu cell in the likes of an emu could not accomodate this.