my heat sheild is loose!

its the sheild between the manifold and the radiator... how much do i need it because its sheered of at one of the attachments.

it makes a horrible vibrating noise when driving, so can i just take it off or do i need to get a new one?

wow look at all my posts...sorry :lol:

cheers Tom

i removed mine last weekend to give it a clean and a paint, forgot to put it back on and when i stopped the steam was flying outta the radiator and the heat under bonnet was a lot worse than normal.

I really would have thought it would be an essential part of the engine.

Mines fine and i took it off with no probs since.

Nordonion,where was the steam from,rad cap or rad itself? Think you may have a diff prob? The heat shield is there to prevent you burning your hand on the mani,no other reason! It's a metal item touching the mani so it wont keep the engine any cooler! It's gonna be a very similar temp to the mani it's sitting on. Take it off it'll be fine!

Touch your heat shield after a good run and tell us how hot it was! :lol: The difference is minimal,also the shield is there for aesthetics,peeps don't wanna see the skanky standard mani.

unfortunatly my budget doesnt stretch to a WEPR manifold, YET

so if i can afford to over the holidays, ill get my self some manifold tape and remove the heat shield and cover the standard Skanky manifold