best CAT 1 alarm?

te viper is the one i ha been looking at as my mate has one on his van and its quality bit of kit

Yh viper is pretty good, i would've recommended Clifford but thats a bit out of your price range

try and look for reviews if you can you don't want an alarm that goes off for no reason (like my toad alarm! drives me nuts :D )

About £350 a year ago. I've always had sigma. Scoobies and others come with them as standard too.

http://www.carfi.co.uk/html/sigma.html

I'm running the Sigma M30, its the older version of the S30 and its pretty straightforward feature wise and reliable.

It came on the older Scoobies as standard.

The most common thing that goes wrong is the fobs but thats pretty much the same with all alarms.

If I'm honest you can get a whole Sigma kit off eBay and get someone to install it for you locally for way less than £300.

There are others bits and pieces that you can buy for it too.

I got my Sigma (basic kit) for £30-40 brand new and £50 installed from a local guy who fits them in his spare time.

You may be better off with some of the newer brands, at the end of the day you just want reliability and the fact it has to work when it should. Good luck with your purchase.

Joz

I'm running the Sigma M30, its the older version of the S30 and its pretty straightforward feature wise and reliable.

It came on the older Scoobies as standard.

The most common thing that goes wrong is the fobs but thats pretty much the same with all alarms.

If I'm honest you can get a whole Sigma kit off eBay and get someone to install it for you locally for way less than £300.

There are others bits and pieces that you can buy for it too.

I got my Sigma (basic kit) for £30-40 brand new and £50 installed from a local guy who fits them in his spare time.

You may be better off with some of the newer brands, at the end of the day you just want reliability and the fact it has to work when it should. Good luck with your purchase.

Joz

I am with you on that. Very simple but decent enough kit. When I was getting mine fitted, there were Ferraris and lambos waiting for the same kit lol.

They are much cheaper to buy from ebay, and get someone to fit. But many don't fit what you supply.