photoshop request rules?

thought that something like this this may be needed...

from civiclife

Right, I was browsing through this area yesterday and have happened upon a ridiculous amount of photoshop requests that don't get answered.

Asking for a photoshopto be done of your car is all well and good but it's a two way process. Firstly, the person asking wants to see a good job done, not flat wheels, bad paintjobs etc. Secondly, the person who will attempt the photoshop will want good resources.

Now, I have seen way too many people doing this:

Please photoshop these wheels onto my car for me?

asanti-rims.gif

Nissan_Micra_01.jpg

This is highly irritating. Firstly, the picture of your car is tiny. So it's very challenging to do any sort of modification to it apart from simple colour swaps. Facebook pictures are great examples. Please don't provide a facebook picture. Most photoshoppers work on a wallpaper size when seriously photoshopping a car. 1024x728 would be around my minimum size for a base image.

Next, the wheel. There are LOADS of you wanting wheel swaps. What would help is if a) you found a good picture of the wheels and :) if you found a picture of these wheels on another car which matches yours.

To give you an idea:

this base image:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...Civic-coupe.jpg

and the wheels from this car:

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/6535/myem1im0.jpg

Although the cars are facing different ways, the donor image of the wheels can still be used simply by flipping the image.

By doing this, you ensure that the wheel swapping process in Photoshop is quick and simple as opposed to mking the person who agrees to photoshop it trawl through thousands of pictures on the internet.

The other stuff is pretty well organised but I'd say if you want a colour swap, post a picture of the colour you're after. It won't be a spot on change when photoshopped but it gives the artist something to aim for as opposed to you saying green and meaning dark metallic green and the artist giving you back a picture that's got a luminous green car in it.

The other main thing, same as the wheels really, if you want parts photoshopped on, say new mirrors, a front lip, so on so forth, then again, please find pictures that match one of your car.

In essence, provide lots of pictures in good resolution of what you would like added to your car, spend a little time searching for the right pictures and you may have a photoshop back in a matter of minutes.

• 1 month later...