Will my gearbox cope?

I have had 2 uk spec boxes on my turbo, the slightly shorter ratios are better for 1/4 mile impo

the reason i say 2 is they dont like 270bhp B) haha

the one at the moment is doing fine though as im doing less power and its a recon box where as 1st box was a cheap one to keep me on road.

If its a good condition box i dont see it being a problem up to 230-240bhp providing your not launching it all the time

However i did loose almost 20mph on top end :huh: (speedo reading not GPS verified)

Not many of us have experience with the C140 as all our boxes are 5 speed (both turbo and non turbo)

I use a 4EFE 5 Speed gearbox (under 50k) in my 4EFTE conversion with uprated ATB differential and it gives the car slightly quicker acceleration but does give lower top end as Driver stated. Its running fine on a stage 1 modified setup (ported mani, decat, exhaust, actuator, fmic, 0.8bar). I had the diff installed when my car was still 4EFE so I decided to use this gearbox in the meantime.

It is starting to get a little temperamental (harder to get into) in 2nd gear and reverse but I put that down to actual wear than from being affected from the power out of the car. Hopefully some extra lubrication/grease will sort it out.

If and when it finally goes I have a spare gt gearbox that I will get reconned and a new ATB installed or buy one that is ready to go.

If your box is healthy it may be worth a try but I'd still highly recommend you get the FTE gearbox in the first place over the 4 speed as that will be one less worry to think about.

Hope this helps.

Joz

Im only planning to use the gearbox for a short time until i can afford a c52 or c56.

My current gearbox has done 235,000k's so im not sure how much life it has left.

Should i just wait and get everything installed at the same time?

Thanks for the replys, Daniel