Preparing for Decat?

had a look today under the car to see if its going to be easy to fit my decat when it arrives.

and i could'nt find where the decat would bolt in? ? anyone know what to do? is it not a D.I.Y fitment?

also been looking around and do i need and better wasgate once the decat is on?

had a look today under the car to see if its going to be easy to fit my decat when it arrives.

and i could'nt find where the decat would bolt in? ? anyone know what to do? is it not a D.I.Y fitment?

also been looking around and do i need and better wasgate once the decat is on?

It goes from the turbo down,can be diy if you got the right tools and patience.it's only 7 or 8 bolts i think.

think jay did it and saw a bigger gain in psi with a proper decat than just a gutted standard cat.the standard gutted cat saw 1/2psi increase but the true decat saw 3-4psi i think.Gutting the cat would be of benefit though not as much as a true decat.

think jay did it and saw a bigger gain in psi with a proper decat than just a gutted standard cat.the standard gutted cat saw 1/2psi increase but the true decat saw 3-4psi i think.Gutting the cat would be of benefit though not as much as a true decat.

paul the first increase was when the de cat had just been fitted. the increase to 3-4psi was after a week of driving with the decat in. there was no gutted cat jast a replacement blitz unit

^^^^^^ there^^^

paul the first increase was when the de cat had just been fitted. the increase to 3-4psi was after a week of driving with the decat in. there was no gutted cat jast a replacement blitz unit

He said in the blitz decat verses stock cat thread on tgtt that on his old auto he found less than 1/2psi increase by gutting the cat on it,thats where those figures are from lad.

not something i'd like to DIY, i had the guy i was buying my blitz decat from fit it as he was a very competant mechanic and as such knew far more than me, i'd probably break alot whilst trying to do it :lol:

very fiddly job, taking the rad out would make things far easier (providing you have the correct tools ofcourse).