Heater pipe help

Ok my heater matrix appears to be broken as the car is filling with steam when it gets warm and there is nothing i can do about it until i can get the new matrix fitted.

My question is that if i take the below two pipes out which provides the matrix with water, will i need to block them off or just make sure they are no pointing down? see i dont know if they are constantly filled with water or if they only fill up when the heaters are turned on.

matrixinletandoutletbq2.jpg

Please help, cant drive my car its that bad, not bothered about having no heat in the car for now aslong as i can drive it.

Markoos

i think you will need to join them together, as far as i know water flows all the time.

disconnect them both and join them together mate

i cant seem to get the hoses off the pipes they are stuck pretty tight!

i cant seem to get the hoses off the pipes they are stuck pretty tight!

slide the clips down out of the way,

take the cap off of the rad as the system might be pressurised

get some pliers and twist the hose left to right or get a screw driver under them and prize them off

if your still having problems, poor some boiling water over them and then try again dude

boiling water working :( the only problem is joining them together, because of the direction that the pipes are facing etc im struggling to find something to join them together with as what ever i use bends which will restrict the water and under pressure will just blow the pipe off.

Any ideas?

boiling water working :( the only problem is joining them together, because of the direction that the pipes are facing etc im struggling to find something to join them together with as what ever i use bends which will restrict the water and under pressure will just blow the pipe off.

Any ideas?

the best thing i find to join water pipes is cooper pipe, on that note if you no a plumber get sumthing fabricated to suit the pipes.

thats what I've did in the past