4efe differential

Are you looking for an upgrade or just a cheap standard replacement?

Joz

Basically I've heard you can get a Quaife ATB for the 4efe but i cant find no information. I know the 4efe is 6 bolt type and the GT has 8 which Quaife do supply.

I have phoned Quaife and they dont seem to list them for the 4efe so im trying to find another Toyota make that might be the same as the 4efe....

another option you could just swap the crown wheel ?

Very Interesting :wub:

I have a QUAIFE ATB 6 bolt diff in my 4EFE gearbox which Im running on 4EFTE at the moment.

Have had it in from new old stock from Japan, must be rare if QUAIFE UK don't sell them (must be discontinued?)

DSCF3424.jpg

DSCF3426.jpg

DSCF3427.jpg

Im looking for a mint 4EFTE gearbox with an ATB installed also or just the 8 bolt FTE QUAIFE itself.

Is your diff actually in your gearbox or is it out

From my experience it is far easier just to get something that is straight bolt in than mess with crown wheels and bell housings etc.

Joz

Must be rare, there shop is 10minutes from me but i dont have time to pop down there due to work.

I will download them pictures and get them sent over to them and chase them up.

I'm trying to do a group buy (Quaife ATB) but as far as i know i goto cover the 4efe gearboxas aswell as the 4efte for it to go ahead.

Is there a code on the outside of the box in the corner abouts ?

I'll be happy to check the box for any full codes/part numbers. Feel free to use my photos bud.

Give me two tics :wub: As for your group buy I'll be looking forward to seeing what price you can get.

@Joel - No worries bro, soon as I find a replacement as I want an FTE enabled box.

Joz

Nice one Joz, what gearbox are the 4efe ? i.e code

Its a C154 mate (4EFTE is C152/C156 (GT & Glanza had variants) and C151 is the oem lsd gearbox) according to this gear ratio thread, here and here.

Just to let you know that some earlier GTs came with a 6 bolt diff from the factory so the 6 bolt theory is not just related to the 4EFE.

There will always be exceptions. C150 series for your gearbox group buy is 100% as long as everyone is running a standard 8 bolt differential 4EFTE gearbox.

4EFE & 4EFTE box differences are the ratios and the number of diff bolts to hold the diff. The n/a diff is smaller according to this thread and at at least you have my photos to prove this

All the C150 gearboxes are the same model but have a different bell housing to suit the intended engine.

All are technically C150 (C50) series boxes (all being 5 speed)

I'd believe it is up to the group buyers to know/check what diff they have (6 bolt/8 bolt) but I'd say 6 bolt is very rare :wub:

Only a select few would upgrade their 4EFE gearboxes anyway.

All the traders stock the 8 bolt diff so tbh I'd just go ahead with an 8 bolt ATB group buy as it is the standard issue.

Joz

Nice Info Joz, again i will chase this up.

I would like to carry out this GB as its a new year, people gonna be looking out for a differential for track.

But getting held up because i cant seem to find a Quaife 4efe. Well i have now and you have the ONLY 1 lol.

No worries mate :wub:

Having done more research it also seems the n/a gearbox diff is smaller (as well as aftermarket units being rare).

Have edited my post to reflect this as accurately as possible. There are so many sources of info you don't know what to trust these days.

Like I said there will always be variants/exceptions.

All the best with your GB mate and keep us updated. It seems all set to go.

Joz