head problems

hi guys and gals,

ive got a n/a that i was going to change my destroyed turbo head for but i dont have the buckets (the bits the cams push for the valves) for the turbo cylinder head but i do have the cams and cam carriers (the bits that bolt the cams to the head from the top) will that make a differance or will i need to get new and get them matched. ive got a head on it at the moment from a questionable sorce and i think its either cracked or that the buckets arent right. if the buckets arent right would that be able to cause a leak in the head? when i turn mine over within 5 seconds the lovley fresh oil i put in turnes to carmel and milk? any ideas as this is giving me a head ache (get it head ache lol)

any help much appreciated

Hi,

Do you mean you are looking at putting an n/a head on your turbo engine or the other way round?

As for the shims and buckets, the buckets are interchangeable between heads but the valve clearances will need checked/adjusted before starting the engine. You can order new shims through Toyota to suit the adjustment you need.

And the caramel oil sounds like there is coolant in it from somewhere, could be a pipe on wrong or something wrong internally

Hope this helps

Gary

Ok cool,

Only difference in heads is valve springs, I'm not sure what the n/a valve springs are up to but with the rev limits being different, not sure if the n/a valve springs will suffer float at the turbo 7.2k rev limit, maybe someone can confirm this

Gary