first thing is my engine is fucked as is the gearbox cant be bothered doing anything with this engine as i dont think it would be the same again. so i was looking into this 5e. I'm taking my car off the road at the end of march as it will not pass an mot (blue/white smoke) I went onto ebay and seen this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-PASEO-CYNOS-S...=item4cf4fde718

tell me if link doesnt work.

right what im needing to know does this engine go into starlets or is it just the block? im not good with engines as im not a mechinac so try explain as best as possible

if this engine does fit into my car i was planning on forging it. which i kinda know a little about.

if its to technical for me ill ask my dad but he works on vauxhalls.

hope this doesnt sound stupid

thanks for any advice or pointers or tell me what to do? cheers

dude the compression ratio is different on them and would be loads of work modifying it to be turbo depending on what power you want. the standard conrods in them engines are not as strong as the import 5efhe engines or the 4efte engine which you have at the moment. the pistons are also different along with other parts if you search on here for 5efte people have done it and it works well but its not cheap. im building one for my paseo and its cost me over £1500and i do not have all the parts yet .

so if i found a 5efhe they would fit? i think theres pistons and conrods on tm developements for 5efhe but could be wrong

sorry if i have misunderstood.

dude putting a 5e engine in the stralet is not a straightforward swap have a look on here using the search button for 5efte

have alook on the members rides that have gone 5e, they are full off useful info

also do you have a idea what power (bhp) you want out of your car? i olny ask because my 5e is running the same as a 4efte at bar of boost,