help? or has anyone had similar problom

right car was making this noise a week before my clutch was fitted. sounded like a humming noise which goes away if you turn right but stays there if you turn left. Gets louder as you go faster.

2 weeks after clutch and the noise has got louder.. had the car jacked up at the front and was geting the car up to 50mph in 3rd puting it into neutral and turning it off and it was making one hell of a whining noise while coming down the revs..

we could not work out if it was a wheel bearing, or the gearbox..

car is a 97 glanza anyone had similar problems and found out what it was would be massive help. Because i dont want to spend £100 on both front bearings to find out its the gearbox.

Thanks

no we was trying to shake them about while the front was jacked up.. gave them a spin and everything thats what i mean, i personally think its a wheel bearing because why would the noise go away when the wheel is turned right? comes and goes as you go over bumpy bit of road too..

i hope it isn't the box because ive just had a new clutch put in and it means geting it off again and spending out for a new one :)

usually when you take the weight off the wheel when turning, if it gets louder a wheel bearing, box could be low on oil my diff went mental when i was a bit low.

i will add tho i found a weird one, on a mondeo. it was the brake disc guard, the flex in the wheel bearing was just enough for it to strat scrapping.

i fort camskill was cheapest at £43 a pop but nice one for letting me know that.. you got a link?

well the noise was there before clutch was changed then i think about 3 liters of 75 90 was put into the box when they had it out for the clutch.

just seems to be geting louder and louder.. :S

You can also try the next thing to find out if it's the wheel bearing:

Drive on a straight road

Press in the clutch

Wave from left to right over the road, not to fast just a nice wave, if you hear any noise then its almost sure the wheel bearing

You can also try the next thing to find out if it's the wheel bearing:

Drive on a straight road

Press in the clutch

Wave from left to right over the road, not to fast just a nice wave, if you hear any noise then its almost sure the wheel bearing

will give that one a go to lol but its got worse and worse and you can hear it grinding now when you jack it up and give the wheel a spin. can feel the vibrating through the floor. got a wheel bearing from camskill today anyway soo hopefully ;)

cheers fellas.