Ahhh what speakers!!

Right got a serious dilemma here lol. i currently have an Alpine headunit, and want to get some bigger speakers to go behind my dash (im going to make some better brackets to fit bigger ones) but i dont have a clue what im looking for! do i need to match the 4x50w that it says on the front of my headunit or what? are 6x9s better than say an 8" round speaker?

I only want to fit bigger speakers behind the dash tbh.

Thanks

no point in upgrading the front ones due to the angle as the sound face's down and wont be able to here them as the back ones over powers them, best to have some made on the front doors and get some 6.5" speakers fitted, will make a big difference, about the power 4x50w thats max peak watt it will give as a guide, your head unit will give roughly 30watt rms power to each speaker and 50watt max rms. Best to get a speaker with higher watt RMS rather than going for high watt peak power.

you wont notice much to be honest if using existing front speaker place, have you measured how much depth you have to play around with to fit bigger speakers? as i dont think theres much to play around with? you might get away with 5.25" if you make custom brackets.

I think i will notice enough for me as at the moment any decent volume and it distorts like hell, there is no bass and i have to turn the bass down to make it sound bareable lol.

How would i go about putting some in the doors?

FOR example if i bought this would it go well with my headunit?

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-6x9-pack.html

you will have to get some speaker rings from mdf (sized up for your size of speaker)and have about 1.5" thick (or thick enough to get enough depth like your pockets)and wood treat them so the dont get rotten from water or moisture.

take off bottom door card, and glove box area with door sill plastics,

then get a long enough speaker wire and solder them to existing end of the current speaker ends and run wire through the doors, attach speaker terminal spades on ends so you can attach them to new speakers, make sure when soldering and attaching speaker terminal spades that you dont mix up pos n neg wires.

you will then need to cut the door card where the speaker will fit into it. you will lose some of you door pockets when you do this. Once fitted its sprob best if you spray the speaker ring black or grey to match either door cars or speaker colour.

6x9 is you want bass, best to have them running at the back, the ones you posted with the amp will require preouts from your headunit, if its a decent alpine one you will have front,rear, and sw pre-outs so you can have an amp to run speakers.

cool, if you need any info pm me, also do you know your alpine headunit model no?

my mate always has alpine, i dont like them personally as they are too fidly in the settings but you can fine tune alot of them for the desired sound as they have good processors.

thats ok, i think its got one other pre-out for speakers too.

best to take a pic of it from back of your headunit just to make sure.

are you wanting to buy a new headunit or 2nd hand 1?

dont forget the new headunit will not work with cd changer, but you have mp3 support so 1 mp3 cd is like 7 cds lol

Daaaamn:/ would you reccomend this=http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-jvc-kw-xr411_p-25926.htm