FINI/MIAT project ;) (PIC HEAVY)

right. been meaning to do this for ages but never got round to doing it, so here goes.

this was a project we did at work last year. took 7 months to the day to complete it (bearing in mind it was only worked on mostly out of hours). dont know the exact spec of the uno as i dont know too much about their setup and all the engine work was done by previous owner.

-ported & polished head

-uprated turbo (not sure which)

-S/S manifold

-full custom 2.5" S/S exhaust including decat

-larger front mount intercooler

-on lowering springs all round, 45mm i think

-drilled and grooved disks all round

-mintex racing pads all round

-front and rear strut braces

-re-trimmed adjustable corbeau buckets

-laminate floored bed :(

according to previous owner it was running around 180bhp.

apart from that we've integrated it to run a dual rad. because the original rad wouldnt fit in the front we got a custom rad that was about a third as tall and 3 times as deep. however we couldnt find any suitable fans to it so we have also used the original rad and fan in the rear behind the cab. so there is coolant hoses running through the wheel arch, passenger footwell and out the back of the cab lol.

bodywork wise there was a shiiit load of welding and fabrication involved to fit the two together and strengthen it sufficiently. originally we were going to try and integrate the bumpers off the uno but soon found out that wasnt going to work. the various vehicles that have donated parts to the body are: 1275gt mini pickup shell, mkii uno turbo floor pan and bonnet (which we managed to fit with the mini wings :D ), rear bumper uses the outer parts of the uno bumper cant remember what the centre section is from, front bumper outers are from a 3 series and the centre section is from an eg civic turned upside down, bonnet scoop is from a isuzu trooper, large indicators in the bumper are from an optare bus haha, custom sills and custom rear taligate. i think at last count there was about 12 different vehicles in it :blush:

All the work was done in house at work by myself and 4 other blokes.

i lost my external hardrive at some stage which had most of the decent photos on it so ive only got some small shitty ones off my old phone but ill whack 'em on so you can get the general idea ;)

SP_A0020.jpg

SP_A0022.jpg

SP_A0023.jpg

SP_A0016.jpg

SP_A0018.jpg

SP_A0017.jpg

SP_A0030.jpg

SP_A0025.jpg

SP_A0026.jpg

SP_A0033.jpg

SP_A0027.jpg

SPM_A0014.jpg

SPM_A0008.jpg

SPM_A0011.jpg

SPM_A0010.jpg

SPM_A0013.jpg

SPM_A0012.jpg

SPM_A0042.jpg

SPM_A0043.jpg

SPM_A0044.jpg

SPM_A0049.jpg

SPM_A0045.jpg

SPM_A0048.jpg

SPM_A0050.jpg

SPM_A0051.jpg

SPM_A0052.jpg

SPM_A0054.jpg

SPM_A0055.jpg

SPM_A0058.jpg

SPM_A0066.jpg

SPM_A0067.jpg

SPM_A0068.jpg

SPM_A0070.jpg

SPM_A0071.jpg

SPM_A0072.jpg

SPM_A0073.jpg

SPM_A0075.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

IMG00081-20110311-1718.jpg

IMG00080-20110311-1717.jpg

so that about covers it i think haha. i said to my boss throughout the project that it needed black rims but he didnt think so, untill a few weeks ago when he tried mine on. needless to say im now rocking the white rims and hes got the black ones. i think they really finish it off though!

isnt quite road legal yet as it has to go for an iva test due to the fact it was a monocoque and weve cut it. the only thing thats held us back from getting this done is windscreen wipers!! because weve had to do a split screen at the front due to the increased width we couldnt find any wipers/motor/mechanism that would be suitable and fit in somewhere. we have just managed to get some wipers fitted last week after much hassle and swearing etc. unfortunately our first attempt to have them top mounted from the roof didnt work out so weve now got two holes to fill in and get the paint sorted again lol. i fitted a washer bottle in the rear next to the rad yesterday and pumbed and wired that in to the original controls on the column so we now have working wipers and washers.

so hopefully within the next few months it should go for its iva test and then it can finally be on the road (legally anyway :D )

any comments are welcome. i know its not to everyones taste but its something you will never see another one of and thats a win for me ;) .

Dan.

Gotta admire the skill gone into that :(

One ugly mofo though :blush:

haha its got presence at least :D cant wait till its on the road to confuse people. tbf it should be a fairly decent sleeper in a kindof double bluff way. people will notice it but probably think its just a 998 with a cherry bomb LOL!