gaskets , gaskets & more gaskets !

right i have been buying up every single piece of equipment ready so i can fit my turbo & power up kit all in one with my new gauges etc but ive been gettting in a muddle with the gaskets , what ones do i need

i will be fitting a new mani ,decat , fmic pipe , taken off my exhaust

so far i think ill need

block manifold gasket (big long W looking one)

manifold turbo gasket (lil square one)

turbo decat gasket (D shaped gasket)

decat exhaust gasket ?

then is there a gasket for the turbo to the fmic pipe ? or do i just use some sealant or some kind

then cause ill be fitting a new turbo and oil feed , will i need a oil feed gasket and water feed gasket ? seen em on tmd's site only £4 each

is there any other gaskets ill be needing ?

so far i have the block manifold, manifold turbo, and turbo decat , and i know ill defo need decat to exhaust but what im stumped with is the fmic pipe and the oil feed etc and possibly if ive missed any others ?

you got them pretty spot on.

when i was running ct9/ hybrid i just used instant gasket for turbo to intercooler, but you could just buy gasket paper and make them up same with the oil return gasket and water gaskets.

Yes you have it right.

I dont think there is n oem gasket for the decat to exhaust.

As for the FMIC you can use a paper gasket and it will be fine.

I should have the cylinder head to manifold gasket and the manifold to turbo gasket brand new if thats any use to you.

For the decat to exhaust gasket, if it's an aftermarket decat or exhaust the genuine gasket won't fit, the genuine one is designed to slot into a recess on the standard cat.

If you take the decat to a local motor factors they should have universal gaskets to fit,

Gary

cheers nomez but ive got all the gaskets i need bar this exhaust decat one so ill wait for it to turn up and go use a universal one, any decat will match any exhaust ?

or am i guna be stuck n have to have some welding lol

if you have an exhaust system thats meant as a straight swap from a standard system ul be fine. only a few companies made it so if you run their exhaust you need their decat aswell

well i decided to go for a new manifold as my autobahn cracks more then i change my boxers so i then decided to go external so then me being me this happend

brought a power up kit , then decided to shorten fmic so brought more pipe to play with but while changing mani i need to remove rad so i might aswell change rad to allow more room , so now i might aswell service car at same time so then i brought all servoce parts but then i thought while doin oil i shud fit a sandwhich plate , so now im buying new gauges , so then i brought a turbosmart wastegate bit while fitting gauges and turbosmart i might aswell buy a boost controller so now im fitin all this i need all new gaskets, but y waste new gaskets n oil on a standard ct9 to then change at a later date so now im going for a hybrid , but for more power ill need an ecu ....

so basically i wanted to buy mani n change it but then i thought what else could i buy/do at the same time so now i have literally every part and everything sitin in my room bar a turbo n ecu so i can go from 160bhp to hopefully 210+ in a weekend so im just buyin up all the last lil pieces so i can do it all in a weekend lol

be like driving a new car :o