My email to magnacore

Titled: Quality of Leads

Dear Sirs,

I have recentley purchased a set of your racing ignition leads for an ep91 toyota starlet turbo (clip type) 8.5mm

I have fitted these leads one time to my vehicle.

I removed the king lead from my car to test on a 2nd vehicle to make sure the 2nd vehicle was working correctly.

On removing the lead from the 2nd vehicle the pin which goes into the coil pack broke out of the silokene lead.

I attempted to put the lead back together and re-fit it to the 1st car - after i did this the car was badly misfiring (it was perfectly fine before hand)

As the car was running (misfiring) i went to make sure that all the leads were fitted correctly and got a bad electric shock.

I am concerned for 2 reasons,

1. The ignition leads had cost me £90 and i have used them for say 200 miles and fitted them as described above and they fell apart - how can the quality of these leads be up to the standard quoted in your product information "committed to quality"

2. Most importantly - I would say that the fact that I managed to get an electric shock from the lead which is quoted to "suppress EMI indefinitely" suggests that this cannot be correct and infact renders the leads dangerous.

I await your response to my comments and I can also provide pictures if nescessary.

Yours Faithfully,

Edward Hale

I have heard stories before of peoples leads falling apart but never experienced it myself untill yesterday - i am not spending £100 to be electricuted,

whats peoples views on this ?

shocking :o

ha being serious, thats a verry reasonable email. the fact is that its damn right dangerous to be able to get a shock from HT leads. they should replace the leads i would have thought

you know who to blame Ed.... :o

I still cant believe it fell apart to be honest :/

piddles bright idea lol

but to be honest it is magnacores fault as much as i'd like to blame dale lol

it shudnt have fallen apart proppa shite lol

and a verry suiting avatar lolololololololololol

Titled: Quality of Leads

Dear Sirs,

I have recently purchased a set of your racing ignition leads for an EP91 Toyota Starlet Turbo (clip type) 8.5mm.

I have fitted these leads one time to my vehicle. I removed the king lead from my car to test on a 2nd vehicle to make sure the 2nd vehicle was working correctly. However while removing the lead from the 2nd vehicle the pin which goes into the coil pack broke out of the silicone lead.

I attempted to put the lead back together and re-fit it to the 1st car - after I did this the car was badly misfiring (it was perfectly fine before hand). As the car was running (misfiring) i went to make sure that all the leads were fitted correctly and got a bad electric shock.

I am concerned for 2 reasons:

1. The ignition leads cost me £90 and I have used them for around 200 miles and fitted them as described above and they fell apart. How can the quality of these leads be up to the standard quoted in your product information "committed to quality"?

2. Most importantly - I would say that the fact that I managed to get an electric shock from the lead which is quoted to "suppress EMI indefinitely" suggests that this cannot be correct and infact renders the leads dangerous.

I await your response to my comments and I can also provide pictures if necessary.

Yours Faithfully,

Edward Hale

hahaha u wanker !!!! i'm dyslexic

that and hotmail dont have a red underlining facility on the spell checker ha :o

:o

No worries dude, didn't mean any offence! Just thought I'd make it look a bit better for you. Your spelling wasn't bad anyway, only 1 or 2 mistakes.

No worries dude, didn't mean any offence! Just thought I'd make it look a bit better for you. Your spelling wasn't bad anyway, only 1 or 2 mistakes.

it looked better on the email page as it spaced them out when i copied and pasted it onto here lol

i didnt think it was too bad but it was only a quick draft ! :o

Im sure if you added in that e-mail that you had spoke to someone about claiming for compensation due to poor worksmanship and poor quality of stock they would more than likely supply you with a minimum of another set of leads.