Low boost after fitting Mani, decat, filter relocation

Hey everyone,

Just finished round the garage after fitting my new Zisco manifold/downpipe, and relocating my air filter to behind the bumber...

Everything looked and went smooth apart from a small blow from the downpipe to centre section, due to not having a gasket so that will be tomorrow. Then went for a test drive and noticed it was only boosting to 0.5... I ported the wastegate slightly to compensate much more air going in to help stop boost creep (this had a small crack, quite minute). and fitted all new gaskets. I still have original actuator, bypass solenoid and removed the low boost.

Does anyone know why im only boosting to 0.5?

Tobie

Ahh right okie doke :p. May have to do the cheap fix for the time by sticking two washers on the bolt holding the actuator so it increases it, should be ok till i get HKS shouldn't it?

Ahh Wales thats a misson haha, especially with 0.5bar haha, will be pathetic :ph34r:. But come to reading on Tuesday i think it is for the monthly meet there? :p

With the front mounted filter you will always be inviting boost creep especially in the cooler weather mate even with the ported wastegate.

An EBC will allow you to control/hold your desired boost better with a choice of boost settings for the situation at the turn of a dial.

i.e The weather is cool and you are boost creeping/spiking, turn the boost down a notch and it will level up.

Likewise if its a warm day and your car is .1 bar off your desired full boost pressure, crank it up a notch.

Full boost will definitely differ in different conditions, have experienced this many times myself.

I'd highly recommend the Blitz Dual EBC units, VERY easy to use and holds the boost reliably.

2nd hand around ★200 star tokens.

Joz

Iya mate i had the saame problem after fitting my mani but i never changed the gaskets so i changed them and it was still boosting less than it was with the standard mani i didnt no that u had to adjust to actuator! =(

ill try that once ive run her in lol cheers guys!

Hey mate, just finished mine everything is running perfect and sitting dead on 0.7.

All you have to do is un-d0 the two 12mm bolts holding the actuator on, i stuck three washers in between as a temporary fix till i get my HKS, works perfect and no reason for it to ever break :ph34r:. Give that a go and hope it gelps.

Tobie

On idle i also noticed i had a small ticking/tapping noise before i did any of the above, but now i notice it's quite loud when i accelerate, and before boost even kicks in. When the bonnets open it sounds like the noise is coming from the fuel rail, does anyone know what this is or how to sort it or what to loook out for ?

Just about to have a search but thought i might get some straight to the point feedback :(

Many thanks.

Tobie

Hey again.

(Ticking/tapping noise)

I did a search and found out alot of people say its the idle control valve, and you can just take it out and clean it or replace it. How do i take it part and clean it, has anyone got any pics? I'll give this a go, but deffinatly sounds lilke its coming from my fuel rail. Maybe it's just noisey injectors?

Cheers, Tobie