Aerocatch bonnet pins on an EP82, from fitting to finished product :)

I havent seen a starlet with them on so thought i would post up some pics of mine, i always had problems with the bonnet catch on mine and after the bonnet flew open last summer when driving i was like f**kin hell better sort that out.

Finally got around to doing it anyway, were £45 off the net and blend in well with the bonnet.

the catches

DSC01190.jpg

it pays to take your time and mark out the pins properly which sit underneath, i wasnt going to risk cocking this up.

DSC01192.jpg

oh shit here we go, jigsaw time lol

DSC01193.jpg

use the template :p

DSC01194.jpg

DSC01195.jpg

the finished product, 4 hours later, a fiddly time consuming job measuring and cutting but done it right first time :p

DSC01196.jpg

That bonnet ever going anywhere again!

I didnt have a choice with mine :p when the bonnet flew open it damaged all the front of the car which the catch holds onto and snapped the bar which sits in the middle.

So the reason i got around to doing it was because i had to lol, i wasnt looking forward to do it, but had a few beers a BBQ and got my mate around to help so made a day of it, plus it was glorious sun all day too :p

yeah too hard for me lol

i fooked up my windo sills let alone cutting my bonnet

nice shorts ! lol

there mainly used on track cars and stuff rather than road, which mine is anyway. Just pissed off im having problems with the td04 manifold now not fitting tightly, i hope its not warped!

look nice mate unusual aint seen any like em before :p