Anyone Got any Ideas??

Some of you may know i was driving down the motorway when aload of white smoke started coming out of the exhaust and engine was rattling.

Ive taken the rocker cover off and everything looks normal

Ive taken the Manifold and Turbo off and no visable oil in exhaust side of turbo

Drained Water and no Oil in the Water

Drained oil was abit black but thats prob because ive not changed it for a while.

The Rattle seemed to come from the Top of The Engine

Anyone got any ideas?

Also if i need them where the hell can i get piston rings for Wiesco 74.5 pistons?

Cheers

as said, white smoke is water related, sounds like it could be a major head gasket failure resulting in water in the bore and then head damage.

but you need to decide wether to put it back together and do a compression test to try shed abit of light or carry on stripping it down and look for the problem

When idling exhaust was normal when revved a little abit of white smoke and starts to rattle a little up the top end.

*Ive always had a tappety noise from around the Injectors/Inlet Area do you think this could have been a build up to this.

i.e valves have gone etc..?

• 2 weeks later...
Injectors tap/tick all the time as does the idle control valve.

Think you should whip the head off and see if the H/G is goosed.

that sounds like a good plan , compression testing with water in the bores could lead to a bent Rod as water doesnt like to be compressed too much ! it may bend / snap a rod ,