http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq212/G...a/Photo0914.jpg

I am running this set up as you can see on this link. I am using a blitz super sound dump value but the problem I am having is when I come off the throttle it doesnt seem to be dumping the air, it seem to be going back though the turbo and spinning it the oppsite way that what it should be, which aint fooking good!!!...i have spoke to nick at tune developments and he said to ajust the screw at the top of the dump value which i did and it did seem to do much, but with my TMIC on its fine. Can anyone give me any suggestions or help me please?

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq212/G...a/Photo0914.jpg

I am running this set up as you can see on this link. I am using a blitz super sound dump value but the problem I am having is when I come off the throttle it doesnt seem to be dumping the air, it seem to be going back though the turbo and spinning it the oppsite way that what it should be, which aint fooking good!!!...i have spoke to nick at tune developments and he said to ajust the screw at the top of the dump value which i did and it did seem to do much, but with my TMIC on its fine. Can anyone give me any suggestions or help me please?

Has no 1 had this problem ???

Nothing wrong with allowing it to recirculate back through the turbo, you will get the chatter sounds and it goes back through the turbo veins.

I have been running this setup for nearly 2 years with no problems and also on numerous other turbo cars before that. Its down to preference i guess, chatter or dump sound, I prefer the chatter :)

If its not coming out of your dump valve its most likely jammed, take it apart and check the spring isnt stuck :p

Has no 1 had this problem ???
Nothing wrong with allowing it to recirculate back through the turbo, you will get the chatter sounds and it goes back through the turbo veins.

I have been running this setup for nearly 2 years with no problems and also on numerous other turbo cars before that. Its down to preference i guess, chatter or dump sound, I prefer the chatter :)

If its not coming out of your dump valve its most likely jammed, take it apart and check the spring isnt stuck :p

Yea dude but like i said above its fine with the top mount on and it dumps fine i dont get it is it the location of the dump valve is it???

Its not that i dont belive u like lol but, can anyone else back him up here because i carnt be arsed fukin this hybrid up

Thanks guys !!

the chatter is actually compressor surge and is very bad for the turbo mate. more boost you run the more damaging the surge.

Tim

TB Developments

nice 1 tim thougt so, dont spose u no how i could sort it do u ??

the chatter is actually compressor surge and is very bad for the turbo mate. more boost you run the more damaging the surge.

thats y i wanted some1 elses opinion dude!!!

thats y i wanted some1 elses opinion dude!!!

some1 must be able to cure this like???

compressor surge is different to chatter.

your deffo gettin chatter. can't remeber exact explanation of compressor surge but you only really get it on bigger turbos i believe. as peeps above have said. take bov apart and lube up etc.

check dump valve aint blocked up mate or if valve aint opening enough then it wont dump compressed air have you cahnged boost up since fitting fmic???

ste

right ste ive checked the dump valve and even changed it to be sure is this (cahnged) changed to boost, turned itb up ??

was about to say about the chatter / compressor surge thing.

chatters when you lift off throttle and the butterfly closes and the remaining air cant get through the B.O.V quick enough so goes back through the turbo blades. It doesnt turn it backwards or anything, your just hearing the air being chopped up so to speak lol

compressor surge is different and does damage. it happens when your on full throttle so the blades are spinning thousands of rpm and because of reasons i cant really remember from when i read this the air isnt able to go into the cyclinders so goes back through the turbo while its at full pelt.

excuse the noobish tech talk lol

it may be like people have said that your dv is set to stiff.

Russell

you'll probably find that because of all the extra intake piping the pressure pushing on the BOV isn't as high as the TMIC so the bov wants softening off a bit. or a good clean as i find the blitz is a very simple design and sometimes gets gunked up with oil residue etc. Does it vent when you lift off from full boost so it only chattering at low psi then venting higher up, or doesn't it open at all?

On the differences sorry to disagree guys but its both the same thing of varying degree's. surge is basically the compressors inability to maintain an increased pressure on the compressed side of the turbo. for example. You lift off the throttle body closes, the pressure has nowhere to go so the pressure in the IC pipe increases and increases until you get a reversion effect of the air (turbo doesn't spin backwards). You then get full throttle surge which is exactly the same but you turbo is pushing so much air out that the engine can't consume it fast enough, for reasons of to small cams, restrictive intake etc etc. or on the other side that it spools to fast before the VE's of the engine can accept it, like running to small an exhaust housing causing very fast spoolup. again both full throttle surge. This is the most dangerous as the turbo is effectively running an airbrake on the compressor but being pushed hard by the exhaust gases. puts huge strain on the bearings, journal and thrust.

But both the same thing, surge.

Extract from garrett turbochargers usa, which are one of the biggest turbo manufactures in the world.

â?¢Surge is most commonly experienced when one of two situations exist. The first and most damaging is surge under load. It can be an indication that your compressor is too large. Surge is also commonly experienced when the throttle is quickly closed after boosting. This occurs because mass flow is drastically reduced as the throttle is closed, but the turbo is still spinning and generating boost. This immediately drives the operating point to the far left of the compressor map, right into surge.

hope that helps

Tim

TB Developments

Right guys ive got mu dumb valve near the inlet mani now and its spot on nothing like it was lol there still is somthing there when i lift offslowly !! any ideas?? but for the mo im just avoiding lifting off slowly and also on the motor wayand am cruizin and the boost gauge is in - numbers there aloud sucking noise any ideas on that ??? and 1 more should i turn the boost up now ive got my FMIC on ???

Love your help guys nice 1 !!

• 10 months later...

Hi mate I fitted a fmic and my blitz failed to work! Never knew why I changed the spring tension loads and still Jo joy so went to a Hks ssqv on the cold side ( next to the intake ) chopped the pipe and bought some silicone joiners from eBay and it dumps like a good un now! Still get chatter on low revs tho which i like :)

Old thread here lol.

I think the blitz dump valves are extremely stiff, mines the same.

I only get it "dumping" When I wind the adjustment screw out as far as it will go.

Nothing wrong with a bit of chatter though ;)