I am about to buy this for my starlet, an oil cooler

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110622756451&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

://http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....STRK:MEWAX:IT

Anyone used them, are they any good and also will it fit straight on my car, i have read some people are saying i will need to grind the powersteering pump to make it fit, is this true?

That is correct. you NEED a oil sandwitch plate to connect the cooler to the block also (which is the bit witch you have to grind down for).

I wouldn't bother with that one. you really need a oil cooler kit with a thermostat really. these ones dont work properly.

Yeah i seen a thermostat from Demon tweeks for about £30

That is correct. you NEED a oil sandwitch plate to connect the cooler to the block also (which is the bit witch you have to grind down for).

I wouldn't bother with that one. you really need a oil cooler kit with a thermostat really. these ones dont work properly.

With the kit I got off here it needed no grinding down, fitted perfect. That kit would be fine but you would need the thermo and a few extra fittings.

That's a greddy oil cooler kit right? I need to fit mine one of these weekends - its been in my room for almost 2years lol

Yeah i would be careful with any turbo car on track without one, the turbo can cook you rad system is no time and then lead to overheating of your oil and then some kind of bearing failure.

Happened to me last year so im not going on without one this time

Is an oil cooler recommended if your thinking on doing track days?

What setup is the best to go for, as i reckon im gonna go trackdays when mine is on the road?

Yeah i would be careful with any turbo car on track without one, the turbo can cook you rad system is no time and then lead to overheating of your oil and then some kind of bearing failure.

Happened to me last year so im not going on without one this time

if you do the odd trackday every now and again you dont need one, but if your doing some proper track time its best to get 1!

Yeah i agree with Daz, i tend to drive like a loon when im on track so the car gets hot!!

Arite nice one, so recommended setups? or what i need, reckon i shall make my own?