Engine Re-build (Few Questions ASAP)

Quick update; we've just finished stripping the engine. As we already knew, it had spun a shell on No.2, sending the crank in today and hopefully it can be ground! Luckily it hasnt caused any damage else where.

Q) What is the most you guys would have the crank re-ground to?

Q) Where to get ACL bearings from?

Also, upon stripping the engine we found that there was alot of sludge in the head. Would this be down to a breathing fault? Something I want to cure before I run a newly forged engine!

Cheers, Jamie

Get the crank ground as little as possible, usually .25 or maybe .5 if it's damaged bad. Enzo (EP Tune) should be able tonsupply ACL bearings, give him a try. The sludge could be caused from poor maintenance or high mileage, or both!

Cheers for that, just on my way to the engineers now. I've only had the car a couple of months so I'm not sure of how th engine was treated before I had it. Forgeing the engine as we speak so a fresh start should do it good. It wouldn't be down to a breathing fault you dont think? (the sludge)

Jamie

I've got a catch can that was already on it when I bought her, however I think that could e blocked up causing the problem. Just got back from the engineers and my cranks gone to far. Soo, crank needed

Jamie