standard starlet CD player - need help

hi, im pretty new to this site, ive just got myself my first car which is an immaculate '96 starlet CD, it has the standard CD player. i know nothing about it, apart from that its a sony one. anyone know the model name/number as i need to find out whether it has an AUX in socket on the back of the head unit without taking it out.

cheers sam pinske

it dosent have one mate i was an adio installer for years and i havent came across a single one that had an aux port as standard. it can be made to have one thou if your a ok with splicing cables thou? if you need a hand gimme a shout mate

it does mate, well it has a 3.5mm jack in the rear with the lead going into it. think it's for the stalk controls. i didn't realise it was a standard cd player otherwise i would have kept hold of it. i'm guessing it's a cdx model of some sort.

When i removed mine it had what looked to be a blue 3.5mm jack in the back, ive only ever seen one stalk control on a N/A and that was years ago....there was no cdx model only GLS and CD (both the highest spec N/As as is the SR)

When i removed mine it had what looked to be a blue 3.5mm jack in the back, ive only ever seen one stalk control on a N/A and that was years ago....there was no cdx model only GLS and CD (both the highest spec N/As as is the SR)

i ment cdx as in the model of the sony cd player aha

it was a standard on alot of toyota around the same year it's deffo for the stalk controls ( i managed to dig out the one that came in my starlet when i first got it back in the day) yeah the s/w controls are the only thing that can go in there as it is an in port but is a contoling in not for ading audio in. hope this helps