best service parts combination for an n/a starlet?

my newly aquired sr, is due for a service in about 2000 miles.

i'm debating whether to get all completely standard toyota parts or for example

either bosch super 8 or ngk iridium spark plugs

a blitz or trd oil filter

a blitz or k&n air filter

does the difference in pricing actually make much of a difference in terms of performance?

i'm also thinking of upgrading the pads and discs, what are the best combination

and what would be the best oil to use, i read 10w40 is the right spec? but does fully sythetic make a difference?

When i service mine dude i use these, which are a relatively inexpensive set of bits...

NGK Iridium sparkplugs

ADL Blueprint Oil filter

And either of the Panel filters will do.

Oil wise i noticed a Slight difference when i switched to fully synthetic (5W40) over the semi people normally use (10W40). It seems to warm up better and is slightly less noisey.

I use Carlube Triple r fully synthetic, mainly because its the price of a usual high performance semi synthetic (Silkolene etc) And meets and exceeds every oil test, including porsche, volkswagen, subaru etc... About £27 i pay for 5litres.

Brake wise standard discs seem to be the best, with a good quality pad, EBC Greenstuff, ferodo etc...

And thats about it, cheapish but all top quality parts and you cant get much better tbh!

thanks buddy! i'm tempted by the green stuff pads in the future as the brake pads were not changed too long ago before purchasing, but a friend told me they apparently wear out quickly, is this true?

oh and i noticed that janspeed exhaust on your starlet, i looked on the website but couldn't find it. where did you get it from as i'm looking for tte style exhaust to replace the awful cat i have and finding a remus or tte is impossible!

get the NGK iridium plugs you want BKR5EIX (grade 5 for standard) off ebay still the cheapest around :)

the K+N panel filter is much much better the blitz one, its is just a car sponge (ill find the code for the k+n filter that fits the N/A later)

use a ADL or genuine toyota filter no point in wasting money on a TRD one especially on a N/A

get a magnetic sump plug too

as for oil i use 10w40 semi

standard brake discs are best, measure before your order theres 2 different sizes iirc its 238? for a N/A.....as for pads there always a debate but im going for redstuff next most people have a negative view on greenstuffs so??

get the NGK iridium plugs you want BKR5EIX (grade 5 for standard) off ebay still the cheapest around :)

the K+N panel filter is much much better the blitz one, its is just a car sponge (ill find the code for the k+n filter that fits the N/A later)

use a ADL or genuine toyota filter no point in wasting money on a TRD one especially on a N/A

get a magnetic sump plug too

as for oil i use 10w40 semi

standard brake discs are best, measure before your order theres 2 different sizes iirc its 238? for a N/A.....as for pads there always a debate but im going for redstuff next most people have a negative view on greenstuffs so??

will these do the same job as the BKR5EIX (BKR5EYA) as they're about a tenner cheaper?

brake discs i'll leave as they were changed when the pads were done about this time last year according to the service history, so i'm presuming they have a lot of life left?

i'll probably go for the green stuff as red stuff are for higher brake cars, and i only use the car on the roads/streets. doesn't get ragged as i'm trying to look after her

and is this cheap? because there's a toyota parts dealer not too far from me http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...IT#ht_500wt_949

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...T#ht_2200wt_974

The greenstuffs have lasted me well so far and i have done about 5000miles on them, still loads of meat on them and it gets daft amount of braking abuse!!

And the janspeed came from my local exhaust shop, its the silencer you buy and they fit whatever tip you want (TTE etc).

And the oil filter isnt that cheap, best bet is your local motor factors as they usually supply ADL parts

The greenstuffs have lasted me well so far and i have done about 5000miles on them, still loads of meat on them and it gets daft amount of braking abuse!!

And the janspeed came from my local exhaust shop, its the silencer you buy and they fit whatever tip you want (TTE etc).

And the oil filter isnt that cheap, best bet is your local motor factors as they usually supply ADL parts

can you get a tte tip? the tte exhaust is a silencer itself, but discontinued :/ sorry for all the questions, i'm new to the starlet world :D