Would anyone one be able to help me by giving me a rough estimate in costs for a complete custom exhaust system for my UK N/A starlet and who would be best to go to?

Also would I gain more bhp by customising an exhaust system such as japspeed for the glanza to fit my N/A or would a custom be roughly the same?

Thanks for any help guys, Joe

no point trying to mod a turbo exhaust on as i would have thought the bore would be far to big for the n/a engine, just get yourself an after market rear can welded on by an exhaust place dude

you will see barely any noticeable gains performance wise from a cat back system anyway on this engine unfortunately

thats just my ten pence obviously, if you wanna spend the money on a custom system there are a few places around like powerflow etc, but i imagine the price would still be like £250 plus

improving the manifold system to a 4 branch one can help to push bhp up, like said a cat back would make much difference, just make it sound better.

and as said it can cost over £250 - £300

Ahhh thanks Tony

I just thought if I was going to pay £100 or so extra to insure an exhaust system I may swell go for as much power as possible ha so just welding a back box onto my current exhaust system would be just as good? That would save a load of money too :)

well thats my take on it, ive owned alot of n/a and turbo cars, and the only way to get proper gains on an n/a engine is to go the full hog and go proper four branch and full system, on my old xr2 (1.6 8v petrol cvh n/a , incase you didnt know engine type) we rolling roaded the car alot after doing different mods and after fitting the full system and 4 branch the car hit 127.9bhp but dont be mistaken into thinking that an exhaust did all that!!! before the exhaust the car made 122.3bhp, but i had done alot of other engine bits to get that kind of power!

for the starlet im just gonna get myself an ebay back box (want a 3" pipe but the smallest i can find slash cut is 3.5") for about £30 to £40 and i will just weld it on myself out the front!

primarily my reason for doing a diy exit is so i can move the back box as close to the underside of the car as possible and do a custom exit through the bumper, not to look cool but to save me ripping it off on the mountains sorry i meant speed humps in my area that i told you about!

im gonna look into it when i get back in a few weeks!

even increasing back box exit diameter alone you might end up losing 1 - 2 mph off your top end due to loss of back pressure on a n/a , but then who cares........ how often have you had your n/a off the clock??? :)