rubbish mechanic or head gasket kit?

had my head gasket done about 3 weeks ago by a friend of the family at his garage.

was perfectly fine until last tuesday when it started to misfire and run of 3 cylinders, so got it home changed the spark plugs, leads, and dizzy cap and still running on 3 cylinders, it then got worst and started to run on 2 cylinders and cutting out.

so got the compression test on it and found it had no compression on cylinders 1 and 2. got my friend of a family to come tow it back to his garage to see what was wrong and he took the head off and said the head gasket was cracked between the cylinders 1 and 2....

the head gasket kit was from TM Developments which i supplied to him along with new headbolts and washers.

how could this happen after just 3 weeks of driving? it is the head gasket kit? or could something during fitting caused this?

few things could have done it, did he skim the head, if your replacing a head gasket you should always get it skimmed, irrespective if you think its straight or not, for the cost its not worth risking it.

He also would have had to torque the head down to the specified Nm limits and also in the correct order. If it has gone 3 weeks after he has done it, he hasn't done it properly.

few things could have done it, did he skim the head, if your replacing a head gasket you should always get it skimmed, irrespective if you think its straight or not, for the cost its not worth risking it.

He also would have had to torque the head down to the specified Nm limits and also in the correct order. If it has gone 3 weeks after he has done it, he hasn't done it properly.

the head was skimmed and pressure tested, and what order should the head been torqued down in?

Cheap or genuine gasket?

this one from TM developments...

Head gasket kit

even tho its not a genuine head gasket kit surely it should of survived longer then 3 weeks of normal driving at 0.6bar of boost....?

this happened to my mate a while ago he used a non genuine gasket set pretty much the same kit uv got

he got the head skimmed etc fitted it and 150miles later it blew between 2 cylinders so we stripped it again cleaned all faces. fitted a genuine Toyota gasket and it still runs till this day !