where to put speakers?

i have a good speaker setup in my house but dont know where to put my 6 1/2 inch component speakers as i had them in the door pannels in my last car. i have seen a few glanzas with added speaked in the door cards. can you buy something for it? or any ideas where to put them?

i have a good speaker setup in my house but dont know where to put my 6 1/2 inch component speakers as i had them in the door pannels in my last car. i have seen a few glanzas with added speaked in the door cards. can you buy something for it? or any ideas where to put them?

Hey dude,

I was in the same boat as you, I had my system in my Civic before and that came with integrated rear metal speaker brackets, so I came up with the same idea for the Starlet but made from MDF. Speaker size is 5 1/4 though but I think 6 1/2 may fit without any facia's over covers on them.

5742738585_a58c44c1d8_b.jpg

5743286224_c17839819a_b.jpg

Then the rear parcel shelf has 6x9's on with a raised MDF platform to level up to the lip so its flush.

5743282090_9f94ea6943_b.jpg

5742743653_cca8f314aa_b.jpg

Hey dude,

I was in the same boat as you, I had my system in my Civic before and that came with integrated rear metal speaker brackets, so I came up with the same idea for the Starlet but made from MDF. Speaker size is 5 1/4 though but I think 6 1/2 may fit without any facia's over covers on them.

5742738585_a58c44c1d8_b.jpg

5743286224_c17839819a_b.jpg

Then the rear parcel shelf has 6x9's on with a raised MDF platform to level up to the lip so its flush.

5743282090_9f94ea6943_b.jpg

5742743653_cca8f314aa_b.jpg

sweet man that looks good. how did you fix the mdf to the plastic? and is that covering the holder bit at the side?

cheers man

sweet man that looks good. how did you fix the mdf to the plastic? and is that covering the holder bit at the side?

cheers man

Yeh its covering up those pockets in the rear, I used L brackets screwed in to the plastic then fixed the wood to that, the speaker facia's cover up the screw heads so it all looks tidy. I'll take one out and post a picture of the fittings when I get chance, will make more sense then.

Yeh its covering up those pockets in the rear, I used L brackets screwed in to the plastic then fixed the wood to that, the speaker facia's cover up the screw heads so it all looks tidy. I'll take one out and post a picture of the fittings when I get chance, will make more sense then.

that would be helpful cheers man