EP80 4EFTE sleeper...

• 1 month later...

Hi again guys, not posted anything in a while, been busy with work and uni. I managed to get the engine in and the wiring done, the car was running and driving properly. just had to sort out a few electrical issues...

some pics...

IMAG0636-1.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

IMAG0641.jpg

IMAG0621.jpg

IMAG0667.jpg

anyways, since then the car went back into the garage so i could sort the electrics. In my attempt to 'sort' the electrics while very tired and frustrated, i accidentally plugged the power lead into the interior fuse box while the ignition was on, at this point i heard a pop and thought... "f*ck" since then the car will not start, i started by checking fuses and relays which didnt solve the issue. i then determined that i was getting no spark so checked the ignition coil and amplifier which worked fine when i gave a direct live and the car started. so i then replaced the ecu which didnt solve the issue. now im just confused. i realise that i could just wire a new ignition live to the ignition amplifier but i would much rather find out what the issue is and rectify it. i have one relay yet to replace which i discovered in the dark last night. it is green and says open circuit relay. (so if anyone has one for me it would be much appreciated) i hope that changing the relay will solve the isssue.

any pointers on this would be great. also, when i remove the key the wipers and indicators still work. and when i turn the side lights on the fuse keeps blowing, ive checked all the bulbs associated with the sidelights and they dont seem to be the cause of the shorting.

If any one has any information as to the cause of these issues it would be great as i need to get the car on the road as soon as possible so that i can sell my alfa to fund my university fees. any input would help. Thanks.

is there a part number on the green fuse? ive got a few looms lying in my garage and might have the right one mate,

any pointers on this would be great. also, when i remove the key the wipers and indicators still work. and when i turn the side lights on the fuse keeps blowing, ive checked all the bulbs associated with the sidelights and they dont seem to be the cause of the shorting.

has this just started happening since you shorted the loom or since you did the convo?

what was the state of the loom wires when you put them in, did you check them for any tears/nicks?

is there a part number on the green fuse? ive got a few looms lying in my garage and might have the right one mate,

has this just started happening since you shorted the loom or since you did the convo?

what was the state of the loom wires when you put them in, did you check them for any tears/nicks?

the green relay says 'opening circuit relay' '85910- 10010' then '056700-9364' and it has 5 spade connectors at the bottom.

the only thing caused by the shorting of the loom is the starting issue.

the sidelights were working correctly at one point but when i got the dash and everything back in they changed their mind.

the constant live to the wipers and indicators has been present since i did the conversion.

i checked over the loom before putting it into the car and all seemed well, i removed the dash again yesterday in order to give the loom another once over and make sure everything is in order but it got dark so thought ide save it for wednesday when im off from uni.

i dont know if any of this is making sense to anyone lol. i wish i was better with electrics :thumbsup:

bump for help, want it on the road now :)

any luck finding a relay for me Enzo... the green relay says 'opening circuit relay' '85910- 10010' then '056700-9364' and it has 5 spade connectors at the bottom.

MrKhan not been on here for a long time mate, but wow i didnt know you come this far. Its looks lush, you've done a good job there from last time i seen you. so did you manage to sort out the wiring issue?... i will have to bring the MR2 out and have a bit of play! :)

Rickstar