advice with boost after fitting hks actuator.

Fitted my actuator the other day but have since adjusted it so not sure what boost its currently set to, but...

when i am flat out my gauge doesnt rise quickly enough to a peak boost it just carry's on going and is usually over 1 bar by the time i have to change gear so i am not sure where it would stop. However if i cruise along in 5th at about 60 and then put my foot to the floor 2 green lights come up and a second or 2 later the 3rd will light up and it will quickly rise to .6bar and stay there.

So im sure theres a problem along the line somewhere and i cant find out what boost im running. The actuator is one turn inwards from connecting to the wastegate so i have to pull on the arm slightly to make it reach if that puts it into prespective.

Do you have relocated air filter to front grill? If soo it could be boost creep as the wastegates not allowing the gases out as quick as the air is sucking in? You can either port your wastegate which i did using a dremmel... and getting a boost controller will help stabalize it so you can set it to certain bar/psi you wish too.

Not 100% if this is correct from just fitting an actuator but i'm sure someone else with more knowledge will confirm/not confirm :D

Agh rite okay I jus thought hks actuators were supposed to hold boost better and seems weird how it only goes to .6bar in 5th with a slight creep to .7 yet in other gears it's not even stopping before I have to change

Yeah they're meant too as the stock springs become week/stretched over time. I'm not too sure why changing that has made your boost go all over the place if everything before was okk? How old is the actuator? If its second hand the spring could be a fubard and not opening/closing the wastegate properly

Boost controller won't fix it, it should help stabalize it, and it'll show you what boosting (althought your boost gauge will be accurate).. look for a gizmo boost controller. I paid £100 for my ms ibc. There's usually a few flloating around the forum.

I don't really know why it's going up and down soo much though :S

Yeah Gizzmo's are pretty good and alot of people go for them. It's worth looking around for one on here. Like i said i bought the ms-ibc for £100, half price and in full working condition.

The ibc are good, and will do the job, i'm sure i saw one for sale not so long ago, i'll see if i can find it.