hey everyone i have been having an issue with my car not starting intermittantly

basically the car will start first time in the morning or if the car has been sitting for a while.(it has once not started after it has been sitting)

but if i run the car and turn it off it wont start for about 30+ mins . even if i drive to the end of my street so the car hasnt heated up atall it still wont start.

if anyone has any ideas it would be a great help because my mind is at a complete blank with it.

Thanks Marck

I once had a similar issue with my old nova, might be totally different problem but worth a check. My alternator voltage regulator went and it caused the battery to over charge, which would stop the car starting at random times and also quite a few times once I'd been driving and turned the engine off. Used to have to wait a good half hour or more untill it would fire back up. Get a multimeter if you can and check the voltage at the battery, if it's kicking more than 12v with good revs then i'd consider checking further down that route.

How are you starting it after it won't start?

i have to just leave it for about half an hour and it might start then. its just luck

I once had a similar issue with my old nova, might be totally different problem but worth a check. My alternator voltage regulator went and it caused the battery to over charge, which would stop the car starting at random times and also quite a few times once I'd been driving and turned the engine off. Used to have to wait a good half hour or more untill it would fire back up. Get a multimeter if you can and check the voltage at the battery, if it's kicking more than 12v with good revs then i'd consider checking further down that route.

cheers will check that out tomorrow

Marck

i have to just leave it for about half an hour and it might start then. its just luck

cheers will check that out tomorrow

Marck

It might be the alternator or starter playing up. Check voltage and fuses using the multimeter:)

1 things thats worth a check is the earth on the ignitor. i had similar problems but mine was also cutting out whilst driving. take the igniotor off its bracket and cleaner up the points its botled to the bracket(these are the earth points) and also take the bracket off the bulkhead and do the same.