changing Engines

hi guys , im gonna start with the 5e swap soon, was just wondering to those who have done it if they have any tips?

and if someone was bored and wanted to do me a step by step guide on how to do it i would be much appreciative as ive never done anything like this before. :)

cheers

There is a guide on TGTT on how to change the engine its here

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showth...-Engine-Guide-*

It does miss a few things out, but its 95% complete on how to do it, all i can which is REALLY important. Is to get some sticker labels and number every single pipe and connector on the engine, every time you pull a pipe off, number it. Do this for all of them, it makes it so much easier to put back together when you put it all back in being the first time you have done it. I didnt do this the first time and it was abloody nightmare :)

Any other probs you can post in here and i can help no probs, can do it with my eyes closed now :)

hi guys , im gonna start with the 5e swap soon, was just wondering to those who have done it if they have any tips?

and if someone was bored and wanted to do me a step by step guide on how to do it i would be much appreciative as ive never done anything like this before. :)

cheers

Just a quick one from the top of my head........id do something like this

bonnet off first, bumper too and the headlights (prevents you from damaging anything more time consuming but keeps everything safe)....tape up the fenders with some cloth or what ever you have lying around to stop them getting scratched etc etc

drain the coolant, take out the battery/radiator/air box

start with the wiring unplug it all, tape up connectors to remember where they go

jack the car up and support it......tyres off, undo the wishbones and drain the gearbox 22? 24?mm socket and knock the drive shafts out 32mm nut iirc....while your there take off the exhaust theres 2 14mm bolts iirc, it will hang on the lambda sensor so disconnect it and the two rubber bushes dont forget the speedo cable too it twists out

nearly done.....

support the engine and start removing the engine mounts (take it out as one the gearbox and engine alot easier)

whip the engine out....clean the bay swap all your stuff over to the other engine replace the timing belt/water pump/clutch while its out its alot easier......new engine in change the oil + filter

stand back and stroke a lion