The previous owner very nicely swapped over the clocks to the SR ones and i've noticed there's a low fuel warning light. First question is, does the sportif have this too and should it work on the SR dash? The reason i ask is i've run down to the minimum mark already, even a little past it and the light has never come on. Not a major issue, but as it's there it would be nice to get it working if it doesn't.

Well,............ dig out Miracle's wiring conversion guide

If the wire in C5 is black and yellow, the car didn't need any rewiring for the clocks to work and you have a cable for the fuel light (according to Miracle's guide).

This was the case in my Solida, but the light has never come on, I've been down to the white line at the bottom once, but never below so I don't know if it works on a Solida->SR conversion, but I'd hazard a guess of yes.

However anything else (blank or different) and the car has been rewired (wire ends in the plugs moved around), in the case of rewiring I'd suggest B1->C5 might get it working, the wire is 'blank' with the old clocks and is the right colour for the new clocks (and left).

I did this with the g/f's sportif. The only problem is that the wire is too short, so I just taped it off to avoid a short and C5 is blank now. You could extend the wire to get it to reach, then see what happens. But as I've nothing but a hunch as to the left-over wire B1 being the right one, I can't promise anything

Hope that helps!

Well,............ dig out Miracle's wiring conversion guide

If the wire in C5 is black and yellow, the car didn't need any rewiring for the clocks to work and you have a cable for the fuel light (according to Miracle's guide).

This was the case in my Solida, but the light has never come on, I've been down to the white line at the bottom once, but never below so I don't know if it works on a Solida->SR conversion, but I'd hazard a guess of yes.

However anything else (blank or different) and the car has been rewired (wire ends in the plugs moved around), in the case of rewiring I'd suggest B1->C5 might get it working, the wire is 'blank' with the old clocks and is the right colour for the new clocks (and left).

I did this with the g/f's sportif. The only problem is that the wire is too short, so I just taped it off to avoid a short and C5 is blank now. You could extend the wire to get it to reach, then see what happens. But as I've nothing but a hunch as to the left-over wire B1 being the right one, I can't promise anything

Hope that helps!

Sorry i asked, lol. :(

Seriously though, thanks for that, i'll have a look at it and see what i can find. :(

Sorry i asked, lol. :(

Seriously though, thanks for that, I'll have a look at it and see what i can find. :(

Knowledge is power, fore-warned is fore-armed and all that :D

Also if you want tips on how-to get the clocks out in under 1/2hr, with no scratches to your hands let me know. It can be done quite easy when you've got the knack, first time I tried it took all afternoon to get them out, and I bled!

Knowledge is power, fore-warned is fore-armed and all that :(

Also if you want tips on how-to get the clocks out in under 1/2hr, with no scratches to your hands let me know. It can be done quite easy when you've got the knack, first time I tried it took all afternoon to get them out, and I bled!

I've gone into it far enought to reset the needles already but that's it so far. I'll see what happens when i try to go further. :(

Where is this wiring guide you mention? I've had a search but can't seem to find it. :D

I've gone into it far enought to reset the needles already but that's it so far. I'll see what happens when i try to go further. :(

Where is this wiring guide you mention? I've had a search but can't seem to find it. :D

To quote my mother 'you looked like a man' ie not very well at all! :(

It's a sticky in How 2's and FAQ's

Tips

1. Undo the top screw (soft metal, but it's a hex head so I recommend to use a socket instead of a screwdriver), then the two bottom ones (long screwdriver) this gives a bit of play so you can take off the clear cover and the plastic binnacle (as one). Bring that bit forward rotating it upside down as you take it out the hole, makes it easy to remove that bit

2. Plugs, finger on top to push the clip down wiggle them side to side (using the plug or wires) to get them out

3. Speedo cable, with your right hand reach behind, feel for a cylinder, at the end, there is a bit that can be pushed down, push it down, pull the clocks towards you

4. As 1. bring the clocks towards you, rotate up and out to get them out without a fuss

5. The cable is a pain to get back (head in foot well and grope up! :D ), so after 2. you can just pull the cable out. Feed them left, there is a bar near the centre of the clocks the C & A plugs will be a bit fiddly to get past there

6. The cowl I find it easiest to squeeze at either end and feed it out to the left (wiper arm all the way down)

I really, really need to get all these bits together in a full write up :p

To quote my mother 'you looked like a man' ie not very well at all! :(

It's a sticky in How 2's and FAQ's

Tips

1. Undo the top screw (soft metal, but it's a hex head so I recommend to use a socket instead of a screwdriver), then the two bottom ones (long screwdriver) this gives a bit of play so you can take off the clear cover and the plastic binnacle (as one). Bring that bit forward rotating it upside down as you take it out the hole, makes it easy to remove that bit

2. Plugs, finger on top to push the clip down wiggle them side to side (using the plug or wires) to get them out

3. Speedo cable, with your right hand reach behind, feel for a cylinder, at the end, there is a bit that can be pushed down, push it down, pull the clocks towards you

4. As 1. bring the clocks towards you, rotate up and out to get them out without a fuss

5. The cable is a pain to get back (head in foot well and grope up! :D ), so after 2. you can just pull the cable out. Feed them left, there is a bar near the centre of the clocks the C & A plugs will be a bit fiddly to get past there

6. The cowl I find it easiest to squeeze at either end and feed it out to the left (wiper arm all the way down)

I really, really need to get all these bits together in a full write up :(

Excellent, thanks again for that, i'll have a look in a couple of days. :D