Anyone had their licence revoked?

So I've just managed to notch up 6 points in my first two years...

Apparently you have to get a provisional licence again and take your theory and practical test again.

Has anyone had this happen to them? How long did it take to get back on the road again?

Basically, if it's more than a couple of months I'm gonna get sacked :p

Happened to my mate

Had to get his provisional again do his theory again take a few driving lessons (get rid of the habits) and then the driving test again

Took him just over a month i think :p

k, just to put things straight before any wrong info gets posted.

if you get 6 points or over in your first 2 years of passing your test, your licence will be revoked and you will be put back to provisional status so you have to re-sit and extended test!

reason i asked if it was a FP or if it was in court is because a fixed penalty is exacly what it says fixed at that fine, that No. of points to which you sign to agree to!

if you need you licence for work, you best bet is to request a court hearing (by filling in the back of the ticket or contacting the camera people/central ticket office) because you can then state you mitigating circumstances to a magistrates who has the power (if he/she see's fit) to award less(or more) points/fine meaning you can keep on causing trouble on the road! lol

Happened to my mate

Had to get his provisional again do his theory again take a few driving lessons (get rid of the habits) and then the driving test again

Took him just over a month i think :p

So do you HAVE to have lessons? i was hoping not to bother with that and just go straight for the test!

reason i asked if it was a FP or if it was in court is because a fixed penalty is exacly what it says fixed at that fine, that No. of points to which you sign to agree to!

if you need you licence for work, you best bet is to request a court hearing (by filling in the back of the ticket or contacting the camera people/central ticket office) because you can then state you mitigating circumstances to a magistrates who has the power (if he/she see's fit) to award less(or more) points/fine meaning you can keep on causing trouble on the road! lol

Cheers Ryno. It was FP. I haven't actually got the letter yet I;m just assuming I'm screwed.... Anyone got flashed by a red light camera and got away with it??

quite a few people get away with it if the films run out or depending on light/weather conditions!

just wait for the letter(nip) to come through before you get worked up!

then ask to see photographic evidance (or if for speeding you should also ask for the calibration certificate for the camera)

wouldn't recomend getting someone else to take it for you because that can get you in no end of trouble with knowingly giving faulse infomation!

best bet is to request a court hearing! end of the day magistrates are just normal people and are fair about things! if you genuinly need your licence for work then maybe they'll just give you 2 points and a slightly higher fine, but thats down to them on the day! if they want to make an example out of you then take some lube, you might need it :p

quite a few people get away with it if the films run out or depending on light/weather conditions!

Very true. I have been flashed twice and was shitting it but nothing came both times.I was very lucky both times as i was doing about 60+ both times on duel carraige ways with 50 speed limits.I didnt have time to brake both times and i saw the flashes.But ive known people to be caught where i was and not got away with it.

Its pot luck to be honest which cameras, for either red light or speeding, have film in. My dad got caught on a red light one. A few days later he found out from a friend there hasnt been film in it for over a year.

Ive got a camera detector now. Better safe than sorry.

It usually takes around two weeks ive heard but i cant really say as ive never had one.Give it a couple of weeks before you start booking driving lessons.

i had only past my test a week when i got my first helping of point for doin 84 in a 60

had to drive so carefully for the following 2 years.... thank fuck thats out the window now and i have now got 9 point to play with

does anyone know how long 3 points for speeding would stay on your licence for???

yeah, the ink dosn't vanish after 4 years ;)

you have to apply for a replacement licence if you don't want the endorsement printed on there anymore, costs about £19!

ooo, unlucky mate, i currently have 3 points and i hope i don't get nemore.. was driving 40 in a 30 zone, saw the copper, thought the raod was a 40, looked at my speedo and thought it was fine... obviosly not.

*Just don't do it again* in a motherly voice ;)

T

• 4 weeks later...