Fitted a FMIC yesterday!! ......................

hi guys, well i fitted a fmic yesterday and OHHHHHH MY GOD!! the noise!!! bought a massive smile to my face it is f*cking sexual!! but, me being silly as it was going dark forgot to tighten up properly one of the clamps and had a pipe blow off when i was coming home (i got the pipe back undamaged so i can put everything striagh back on thanks to a bloke in a vxr that stopped behind me and helped and chatted with me for 15 mins) so i will be tightening them all up very very tight today.................

will it all be okay with the miklar clamps tightened up>> or is it usually best to put a dab of silicone or something on the silicone hoses to help them stick a tad better to the metal pipework so it avoids any blow offs when boosting hard in the future? i have heard hairspray is a neat little trick, can anyone confirm this?

muchos gracias!!

Mat :)

Rough up the pipe with some light grit sandpaper and spray some normal cheapo hairspray on the pipe (get a good covering all round it) then clamp it down

sweet mate, will give it a try :) gonna make sure those clamps are tighter than a nuns snatch!! :p