just was wonderin if i cud get a bigger engine. like the sound of a 1.5 turbo though! the 1.3 turbos got plenty power 4 me but was wonderin if it could be anymor insane!lol! is the 1.5 hard to get hold of? wats the difference in power?

not sure on the power differences as standard but i do its capable of getting a 1.5 turbo upto 330bhp, you can do the same with the 1.3 turbo also.

Alot of people prefer the 1.3 turbo as its better bottom end to the 1.5.

its out of the Starlet GT as well mate, they had a 1.3 turbo and a 1.5 turbo. Any reason to upgrade the engine size?

do you have any idea what you're talking about? bahaha...

there was ONLY the 1332cc 4E-FTE in turbocharged form.

There's not really an engine that'll drop right in to replace it, but there is a way to 'hybrid' the standard 1.3 engine which will turn it into a 1.5 litre engine, the engine in question would come from a cynos/paseo, and is a naturally aspirated (non-turbo) 5E-FHE (this is the one to go for anyway, the normal FE is less sought after).

It's not particularly difficult, but there's still alot of work involved to create the conversion, and even then you're still able to get well over 300bhp out of the stock 1.3 so there's not much need for a 5E unless you've pushed your 4E to the limits.

beatz, please read up on things before commenting. ;)

nick, if you want more power from your 4E then search on here or tgtt on how to extract the extra power from it.

what mods do you have at the moment? the 4E can be an absolute monster if you know what you're doing.

there's a few matey, but its the sort of conversion used for big setups, unless you've pushed your 4E to the limits then you wouldn't normally consider it.

Where are you at mod wise at the moment? i presume 250bhp+ if you're looking into having more and calling your current setup 'insane'...

to be honest i wasent 100% sure if the 1.5 was turbo'd, was just checking TGTT as was speak and after i had posted.

To be honest as well theres no need for your attitude dickhead, did i go into great details on the 1.5? No ... i simply suggested there was a bigger engine that he could put into.

there's a few matey, but its the sort of conversion used for big setups, unless you've pushed your 4E to the limits then you wouldn't normally consider it.

Where are you at mod wise at the moment? i presume 250bhp+ if you're looking into having more and calling your current setup 'insane'...

not sure on horse power at the mo. was just wonderin for future modification. think im around the 200bhp at the mo. may not be insane but its the fastst car ive had. dont think its worth the hassle upgrading realy. also do you know anything about 4wd versions?

300bhp on a 1.3 turbo mate is hard work to get, most users upgrade to the 1.5 engine as its more achieveable to get than the 1.3, standard glanza has 120bhp.

Cost involved would be alot ... theres a guy breaking his 1.5 engine just now on TGTT and its adding upto roughly just under £10,000, bearing in mind hes used these parts so selling them cheaper. Alot of money involved to get near that figure.

they dont have insurance groups, they're imports. just comparisons, and most insurance companies make it up anyways.

The attitude was there because you're confidently giving out completely incorrect information, he could've spent ages trawling through breakers looking for a 1.5 Turbo when no such engine exists for the starbo, no need to start cussing when you were clearly in the wrong :p

also, 300bhp would require a full forged engine build, but 220-250bhp is possible on stock internals providing its setup correctly and tuned by a professional to make sure everything is running ok.

What are your mods nick? we can tell you whether you're at 200bhp or not (if you're on the stock turbo/manifold, it wont be anywhere near ;)).

Let us know what you've got at the moment and we can recommend on which progression route to take.

sl8ter & jett, feel free to add me to msn etc and i can explain how you can reach those sorts of figures.

i have a front mount intercooler, k&n, fse power boost valve,hks fcd, bleed valve on turbo running 11psi, sytec fuel pump, decat. if theres anything else i cant think of it?

i havent touchd the manifold or exhaust, think thats restricting me a bit??

just spoke to a friend he reckons its bout 160bhp+

what do you think? wat mods do you reckomend for the future?

they dont have insurance groups, they're imports. just comparisons, and most insurance companies make it up anyways.

The attitude was there because you're confidently giving out completely incorrect information, he could've spent ages trawling through breakers looking for a 1.5 Turbo when no such engine exists for the starbo, no need to start cussing when you were clearly in the wrong :p

also, 300bhp would require a full forged engine build, but 220-250bhp is possible on stock internals providing its setup correctly and tuned by a professional to make sure everything is running ok.

What are your mods nick? we can tell you whether you're at 200bhp or not (if you're on the stock turbo/manifold, it wont be anywhere near :rolleyes: ).

Let us know what you've got at the moment and we can recommend on which progression route to take.

sl8ter & jett, feel free to add me to msn etc and i can explain how you can reach those sorts of figures.

cheers but i dont think i have msn :p i did have it but my pc crashed and i dont think i come back on with it .dose the f/m/c make a diffrence on the ep ?