Dodgy speedo! Need advice please!

The speedo on my funky new SR is a bit dodgy - says im doing 40 when im closer to 30! Dont really mind because it got me more money of the purchase when haggling :rolleyes: . Can it get recalibrated by a professional or can i get myself down to a scrappy and pull a 'new' one out of another Starlet? The second would probably be preferable because costs less and i like mucking around scrap yards!

Cheers

André

Is the needle a bit off? (ie sits well below zero at stand still?) if it is take off the cowling, grope around clocks to undo the clips and take the clock covers, push the needle ANTI_CLOCKWISE until it's at zero

Might also be the speedo cable, check it's on properly (head in the footwell, grope the back of the clocks to find the cable coming out and push the clip on firmly)

As for recalibrating dunno, I've two sets of non speedo clocks here, the speedo mechanism is the same so I could send one over if the two bits above don't help

you wanna get your self one of these

http://www.indic8tor.com/

i got one me self its really good, tells you your speed in gps and fixed cameras are 500 before you reach the camera.

i paid £100, and now its £80 gits, they are real good i'm happy with mine, and plus you dont have a massive bracket on the windscreen its brill check it out