Stalling after acceleration

Hi, im a newbie here and have bought my first starlet. Its a 1995 1.3i 'jeans' edition and has the 2e-e engine. After the engine has warmed up and idle is normal (900), everytime i accelerate hard in 2-3 gears and then come to a stop the engine cuts out, normally between 20-30 mph whilst im coasting to a junction. It fires straight up again but occasionally the idle is rough but a few taps on the accelerator pedal sorts this out. It only happens when the engine is warm and when i have been flooring it in 2-3 gears sometimes 4th. Its fine during normal driving. I have cleaned the throttle body, replaced the air filter.

Any ideas what can be causing this as its driving me nuts

cheers

Chack your vacuum hoses and breather system. It on a carb? or single point? its an old skool engine :p

No, its a 1.3 multi point injection, 12valve. Where are the vacuum hoses? Are they located on the throttle body?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, i have the exact same probelm. But mine is in any gear. if i put my foot down as soon as i go inot neutral a few seconds later the car will stall. i can switch it back on streight away but its just anoying because you never know if you have accerated enough for this to happen and so it can happen when your not expecting it. And mine has got nothing to do with it being cold or warm. it always doese. Its as if you push the accelerator past a certain point it doese it. its as if, if you have pressed the accelarator past a certain point it doese it.

can someone please give me some more help??

thnks alot.