Exhaust manifold.....

Ahhh, I was afraid of that! My mate changed his on a GT Turbo and had to remove the radiator.

Looking at mine, it seems like I could do it, but don't want to attempt without getting some coolant just incase. But if the more experienced can share there knowledge I can prepare before hand.

Seems like such a hassle just to fit a stainless manifold lol.

Haha, sorry mate! I've just re-read and seen how that must of come across to you! I meant that to include you as more experienced than me lol.

I trust what you say and shall set about the process with the radiator coming out as part of the plan.

Thanks for the advice :)

Haha, sorry mate! I've just re-read and seen how that must of come across to you! I meant that to include you as more experienced than me lol.

I trust what you say and shall set about the process with the radiator coming out as part of the plan.

Thanks for the advice :)

haha thats alright buddy no worries, yeah its the best way, no point struggling for a 10min job like removing the rad#1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just the thread im looking for.....I have my rad out atm and all bolts except one out on the old manifold.

How did you guys get the bottom left nut off (engine to manifold)?????!!!! I just cant get in there!

Also, read in the thread that the turbo has to slide forward.....how to i get it to do that? cant see what to undo.

Thanks!

Mike

I'm sure I undid my turbo from the Mani before removing the mani studs, I used one of those Angled ring spanners as in this guide mate:

/>http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?85-Manifold-amp-Turbo-Removal-Monkfish-*