Converting to 4E-FTE - Will I need to upgrade my N/A fuel pump?

Basically I'm converting my non-turbo starlet to the 4E-FTE.

Will I need to address the fuel pump?... Or can i use the standard N/A fuel pump. As I'm only going to be running the standard engine at standard boost!

If not, what pump will I need? Somthing capable of around 250bhp tops for future plans!

Lewis

• 3 weeks later...

id just get a tuninng developments fuel pump mate think there only about 40quid as uping the fuel delivery requied on the n/a pump may cause it to fail as its spent the last ow ever many years running the normal 1.3 n/a engine for the sake of 40 50quid id change it mate as you know it'll be reliable and run what you want it to then and will give you peace off mind its not gona just pack up on you at any random point

yeh 4efe is fine, but i all depends of your individiual car setup and how you want it to run like mentioned above ^

Got walbro in mine and it aint a noisy one, i think it also depends on how its mounted due to the vibration sound

• 2 weeks later...

Have a mate running 252 bhp on standard pump. They ran out of fuel, they don't know if it's the pump or the injectors that ran out.

So 252 bhp is supported by the pump on a 5e-fhte, with 365 ccm injectors.

Have a mate running 252 bhp on standard pump. They ran out of fuel, they don't know if it's the pump or the injectors that ran out.

So 252 bhp is supported by the pump on a 5e-fhte, with 365 ccm injectors.

poor fuel pump :(