hi.

my engine seems to stay cold all the time??? it warms up when im idleing but thats it? this cant be gud for the engine. its only been happenin since i fitted the fmic?

my mate said its the thermostat, is it worth buying a replacement for £12 or going all out on a £50 sard one?

any help would be great!

if u think it isnt the thermostat plz let me no?

cheers nick :)

to check if its still working take it out should say the temp on the bottom for it to open stick it in an old kettle put thermometer in kettle and when it gets to the temp on the bottom if it doesn't open up its fucked get a new one same point if it doesn't close on cooling down its gubbed.

Deffo the stat mate,it'll only take 10 mins to change it. Just need the standard thermostat unless you're gonna be using the car for a lot of track work.

Easy mate,drain the rad,take the rad hose off that comes out of the block,then undo the 2 nuts holding the stat in (might need some wd40) think it's a 10mm or 8mm spanner.pop the old stat out,new one in then reverse to put it back in.Dont over tighten the nuts tho they shear easily.

Fill up the rad,turn on the heaters to hot start up the car with the rad cap off and it'll bleed the air out.Top up the rad as the coolant gets sucked thru the system. Massage the hoses to aid the air bubbles comin out. easy.