Rear wheel bearing issue

Hey ho,

Found out my rear wheel bearing needed doing......tightened it up and greased it to see if it would help...the next day it just siezed up on me (overtightened probably)...ruining the little tab washer and the lock cap....i put a new bearing in with lithium grease and put it back together as a temp measure using the ruined tab washer and messed up lock cap (was rushed for time had to head back to uni)...after say 100 miles it started making noises at certain speeds

2 weeks later....

ordered a genuine lock cap and tab washer....upon opening it again the grease was all black and smelt kinda burnt....i put it back together again with some clean grease and after 70ish miles it started to make the noises again....

both times it was tightened up nicely, i wouldnt say it was wrenched the fcuk out of

my question is do i clean it and repack it with bearing specific grease (which type?) ? replace the bearing? or do something else?

Asad