Cancelling Insurance with Bell/Admiral etc...

Just wondering if anybody on here has ever cancelled a policy with admiral/bell etc before and how much it costs?

Basically the quote im paying for this year is 2100 or something, i have tried a few more quotes with the same company, and there now quoting me 1300, i have changed NOTHING. How the hell can they justify this? And is there anyway around it?

Bit sickening when i know there just having me on

right, tell them you want the lower price or your jumping ship with out paying a cancelation fee, they will more than likely tell you you need to pay a percentage of the cost of what is remaining ion your policy, this is when you tell them to do one and offer them something in the regoin of £40 which is classed as a fair charge for cancellation. if they insist on bending you over tell them where to go and tell them you are taking it to the financial ombudsmen service :) 9 times out of 10 they will wave any fees or silly cancelation costs due to the pain in the arse the financial ombudsmen service can be :) give it a go :)

The exact same thing happened to me haha it was like someone wrote about me! I was with admiral paying 2300 somethjng like that then did another quote half way through the policy to find that they quoted me about 1400 for my car with no changes apart from more mods haha! But yeah it's 45 administration fee or something. Just depends you can pay for the rest of your policy, but the money that you pay for the rest could be what you could pay for a year with the new policy... But you would have a year no claims, which is crucial

Yeh i understand i wont get my years no claims, but it only goes up from 1300 to 1500 when i take a years no claims off so it makes little difference, Ideally i would stay with them if they could drop the price, But knowing my luck they will be twats about it

Yeah when I rang them they said they could do nothing about it. So I just cancelled it and started. New one with them ahah :p in my eyes it wasn't worth paying the extra, and the one years no claims didn't make that much of a difference so I was like fuck it haha