Engine rebuild prices...standard spec

As above....i want a rebuilt standard spec short block including block/crank/pistons/rods supplied

with low milers hard to come by this is my only option atm im not wanting to go 200+bhp so dont require a forged engine nor do i have finances in place for one ~£2000+ for a stage one across the board + they want the old engine (which i dont have)

reliability is what im aiming for....id like to build it myself but dont have money to get it wrong more importantly the time so want someone with experience and the necessary tools to build it for me

how much and who from?

Toyota is your best bet to offer all genuine items as a complete short block motor, although be prepared to pay a premium! I doubt anyone on here will be able to find a brand new block.

Best bet is to find a stock motor with tight bores then you can squeeze in the stock pistons.

im not after a brandnew block mate, just a rebuilt engine to standard spec...ive seen enough engines sold as "in good condition" till the buyer finally installs it only for it to spin a bearing...i dont have the time for it

rather get a rebuilt engine...

Probably best to contact a trader then mate and ask them if they have any good blocks laying around which they can rebuild up or whatever if your wanted 0 miles on it.

would all depend on the cost of a stage one in my eyes, you can do it yourself with limited tools/machine shop time to keep the cost low.

you can fully rebuild a bottom end for under £500 including all parts if you look in the right place, cheapest forged builds ive seen are around £1500

its what you want from it at the end of the day, i know you say you only want 200bhp but once your there it isnt the same lol, you get used to the power and instantly want more

I want to start boosting, its been 4? 5? years with a N/A now so i naturally want more power i cover alot of miles on the motorway and it just gets tedious where i have to work for the power....i was going to move on and get a vag but everyone just said get the boost you want youll just end up coming back more out of pocket

the way i see it is ive got two years at uni left...i want to enjoy the 220 odd i can get then move on to a big boy engine because ill be able to afford it....for now ive got a set budget to buy everything i need for the conversion....pretty much what a stage one would cost