Help fitting front speakers

I've replaced the original front speakers with a pair of vibe slick 40's (10cm). But i think something's wrong (either that or they're just shit).

- There's no punchyness at all (was more on the originals!)

- I need to turn up the head unit much high to get the same level of volume

- There is crackling in the bass

Is this down to my wiring? Basically I've crimped the new speaker cable that came with the speakers on to the old wire just before the loom into the adapter that plugs into the head unit as i didnt want to chop off the whole loom. That said, i used the complete original wire first and the sound had the same problems.

Could the lack of punch be something to do with the fact there are only two mounting screws essentially meaning the speaker has room to wobble about?

I'm not really hearing any advantage of these 50w RMS speakers over the original 10w rubbish. Surely that's not right :ph34r:

i replaced my front stock spkrs with 2*50w sony explode and there isnt that much difference mate, if your lookin for bass get yourself a good amp and sub and a set of 6*9s in the rear, sounds alot better, with 6*9s doin most of the work and if you use your balance function on the head unit to make the front speakers to put out just enough so that they dont sound dissorted but at the same time giving u a surround sound effect, a good strong set of 6*9s will sort out your problem kiddo :ph34r:

i reccomend a set of 330w TS-A6911 pioneers