Squeaking noise from engine when switched off

Hi Guys

I did have a quick brief look over the other questions asked to see if mine was related but couldnt see one so i apologize if this issue has already been addressed.

Anyway, no matter the temperature of the engine 8/10 times the engine is switched off i will get a hurrendous squeak from the engine.

I originally had an oil leak from the rocker that seemed to be contaminating the ribbed belts, so i replaced the gasket and relevant seals (all came in a kit from toyota) to stop the leak but still the noise remained, i did also clean up the belt but could still be a cause i guess so that will be my next step, however im not entirely convinced that its the issue. I suspect it could be an oil pump issue as its almost as if Cams run dry for a split second when the engine is switched off, i check and top up the oil regularly if required thinking that the level could be low and causing this problem but again the issue still remains. So could it be an oil pump problem, where the pump is too weak to force the oil up, or possibly be restricting the flow somewhere.

Just hope someone can shed some light on the subject

Thanks, Josh

P.S I very rarely get time to come on to here so im sorry if i cant reply sooner

So it mainly is a squeek when you turn the engine off? You checked your engine mounts? Sounds to me like one is loose.

Take off the fan belts and start the engine with them off if its them then there will be no noise if its not then time to check other things.

Edited by StuDoc 72

okay sounds good thanks mate, will give it a go when the weather isnt so shite here. The squeak is also apparent once the engine is then switched back on again, but only if the engine has only been off for a few mins, this is why this noise has puzzled me. i will check all that you say though and report back soon, thanks for your help