Snapped Oil Feed Connector - Help please!

Hi,

I managed to snap the connector that goes between my oil feed line and my TD05. Can anyone please tell me what part I need (and where I can get one) ?

img20120815194047.jpg

img20120815194217.jpg

Alternatively, one of my TD04 kits came with this pipe - can anyone confirm whether this has been made for a starlet, or if it's off an impreza? If its for a starlet, can anyone provide a picture of how it fits on exactly, and what bolt I would need to connect it to the oil filter plate?

img20120815194352.jpg

Cheers!

Try find out the thread sizes on both ends , i know the mashed up end is prty bad. once you know that ebay will have one

How can I find out the thread sizes? Unless somebody on here can tell me ? It must be a fairly common part...

Be warned, inside that adapter that's mashed up there is a restriction. Its to prevent your turbo blowing its oil seals.

Can the turbo really blow it's oil seals from the relatively small amount of pressure from the oil pump?

could use a thread guage on the other one and then use a tap to find out the side of the hose?

go to a shop and take the hose and fitting with you and try find one that is the same?

and yes running the turbo with out a restrictor will smoke like a bitch and will damage the seals and bearings.

Your oil pressure can be up to 80psi when at high revs. Don't forget your taking oil directly from your oil filter housing.

Makes sense - I guess since the oil is coming straight from the oil pump, it's going to be a lot higher pressure there than say the crank seal.

could use a thread guage on the other one and then use a tap to find out the side of the hose?

go to a shop and take the hose and fitting with you and try find one that is the same?

and yes running the turbo with out a restrictor will smoke like a bitch and will damage the seals and bearings.

Haven't got a thread gauge. What should I search for on google maps to find a shop that deals with these things? Cheers

I just spent my lunchtime trying a couple of engineering firms, a garage and Pirtek.... nobody was able to even give me the tread sizes. so....

Can anybody please tell me the fitting sizes for:

- oil feed hole on a TD04/TD05 ?

- oil feed hole next to the oil filter?

If I can get these measurements, I should be able to get a replacement part...