Right just want to know a bit more about Fuel cut. Does it only happen when the boost level reaches 1 Bar ?

If so is it possible to run my car with relocated air filter and other three breathing mods i.e front mount decat and upgraded exhaust if i use a boost gauge to make sure i don't reach 1 bar ??

Any info would be great

Fuel cut is more like at 0.85 bar

You could do that, but trying to avoid hitting full throttle is sometimes difficult, a tap of throttle and it will shoot up quicker than you think, When I'd done those mods but was running an internal wastegate I turned my actuator down to like 0.3 so when it did creep it only crept to like 0.8 but sometimes then it even rose and cut. With that method you don't get the quick spool above 0.3 bar but you've got less chance of cutting.

I'm running an external setup now and it's miles better

Ive got manifold, de cat, standard TMIC and running no airfilter with the a/c removed and mine only get 0.6 bar to just under 0.7bar of boost. Good chance if your still using a standard actuator that you wont get it because the spring will be fucked.

Well I have a digital boost gauge and hks actuator which was fitted last week also have a fmic and blitz filter. Then I set up the actuator to 0.8 bar (found measurements on GT turbo.com) and then wound off a little so that I didnt hit fuel cut. Now in low boost it reaches 11psi, which is fast enough for me, I found driving hard at night seems to have an affect on boost pressure, seeing as the air is more dense it mixes with the fuel better so u may find it boosts more. Defo recommend an actuator!!

Edited by jtaylor1990

Enlarging my wastegate didn't have any effect by the way, a

Bigger penny would be needed, I did however have big ass fmic, massive hks filter, decat, and 2.5" fujitsubo system lol, set at 0.4 on full throttle would cut easy, every car/setup is different but I deffo recommend going external wastegate

dont exceed .8 of a bar.. if you get any boost creep, try restrict the filter.... a hks actuator would be the first thing to go for if you dont already have one

dont bother with FCD's unless you plan on getting a rrfpr.. fcd's dont solve fueling, they trick the ecu into thinking its not hitting fuel cut.... a fcd/rrfpr and a rolling road session would see 1bar safely with other breathing mods

Edited by corofin12345