4EFTE wont start

I went to start my car the other day and it was abit hesitant to start..

It finally did and I drove it about half a mile down the road..

It started spluttering and misfiring, I pulled outside my house and it just died on the hill..

I had a look and the dizzy cap was knackered so that was changed, yet now it wont start at all..

We checked for fuel and a spark off all 4 leads and its all okay, just wont start at all!

I got an idea of what it might be, but would rather see if anyone else got something to say to what it is before I talk shit..

Cheers

Yeah the whole distributor was changed, The two 12mm bolts were left loose.. and while I cranked the car over my mate slowly rotated the dizzy to time it up.. not the best way but just to advantace and retard the timing to get it started..

And yeah I had it jump leaded to my mates car

Wasnt sat at all.. I was just driving one day and it just started mis-firing and bogging out.. got to a hill and it just died.

There is fuel going to the fuel rail..

Pulled each plug out and cranked it over and there is a good spark..

I cant see a problem when there is fuel and ignition? so technically should start

But if the king lead was dead that would mean there wouldnt be a spark?

well y car was still runing but was sometimes rubbing up as there was bare wire touching intercooler piping and before it was induction kit piping.its mayb not dead but could be a bare section earthing through other components

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...