Lowering Springs 60mm Or 40mm?

I am going to buy the springs tonight but i am not sure which to get. Should i get the springs to drop my GT by 40mm or 60mm? I have never lowered a car before so i find it difficult to judge the distance it will lower it by. I plan to put 15's on my car if that makes a difference? Any suggestions and reasons are appreciated.

if your after the ultimate handling set up go for 40

60 for looks but the difference in dynamics between them isnt that much really

you woldent have any trouble with a 60drop and 15"s as long as the wheels had the right ofset of between 37-40

i sugest you have a look at toy tuning on here for suspension options,

rs-r springs have a low springrate close to standard so the ride qualitys not too harsh but people have said that the tai end sits too high on these springs,

failing that whiteline and tein make decent lowering springs, used in conjunction with some matched adjustable shox and a few other bits for a decent ride.

note if you fit springs that are too low or with springrates taht are too harsh this will drasticaly reduce the life of the shox absorber

any more question just ask man :p

if your after the ultimate handling set up go for 40

60 for looks but the difference in dynamics between them isnt that much really

you woldent have any trouble with a 60drop and 15"s as long as the wheels had the right ofset of between 37-40

rs-r springs have a low springrate close to standard so the ride qualitys not too harsh

any more question just ask man :p

I have been looking for RSR springs for my starlet GT but cant seem to find any. I can find them for supra's, MR2's etc but no starlet GT EP82's :D! What type of springs do you guys use? I am going up to kilmarnock tomorrow to look at some alloys and that. Any idea where i can find the RSR springs ?

rs-r springs have a low springrate close to standard so the ride qualitys not too harsh

check this link and scrole down the page for rsr springs mate :p

clicky

quite competitivly priced also