Mazda MX5 Mk2 1.8 'S', Racing Bronze, Few Mods, Sale/PX/Swaps

Item For Sale:

1998 Mazda MX5 Mk2 1.8 'S'.

Item Condition:

The car is bronze / gold and is in excellent condition.

Few small marks/scratches on the bodywork (normal considering age) but there are no big dents, overall the bodywork is in good condition. The only points worth noting are: A small paint bubble on the bonnet, a small scuff on the wing mirror and a few minor scratches here and there, but as said, there's no major damage.

Hood is in great condition, with no signs of wear - with a functional heated rear screen.

The engine could do with a clean (I replaced two heater hoses after they split and didnt do a great job of cleaning up the old coolant), but it runs well and hasn't skipped a beat. It starts every time on the button, revs up great (no stuttering or misfiring, which is common on mazdas) and generally runs very well.

The clutch release bearing is a little noisy (goes when clutch is depressed) but it hasn't got any worse or changed at all, and my old 200sx S14A sounded identical for 20k miles without worries, so I don't consider it to be an issue.

Price:

£1995 - PX welcome (wouldnt mind another starlet, GT/Glanza or whatever)

Pictures:

th_IMAG0796.jpg th_IMAG0800.jpg th_IMAG0802.jpg th_IMAG0803.jpg th_IMAG0804.jpg th_IMAG0789.jpg th_IMAG0627.jpg th_IMAG0626.jpg th_IMAG0298.jpg th_IMAG0295.jpg

Payment & Shipping Details:

Cash on Collection or swaps/px

The car is located in Gidea Park, Essex (nr Romford) and can be viewed on evenings and weekends.

Specs are as follows:-

1800cc 'S' model,

'S' spec includes - TorSen LSD, Nardi Torino airbag steering wheel, cubby/clock, electric windows/mirrors/aerial, central locking, windblocker etc

5sp manual, ABS, PAS (no A/C)

MOT until Apr 2013, Tax until October

Stacks of paperwork and service history, old MOT certificates etc

Last owner was a mature couple who owned the car from 2005 onwards, and they absolutely cherished it

79.5k on clock

Black leather interior (in excellent condition, very slight wear on drivers bolster)

Laserline cat-1 alarm/immob (activates the remote central locking)

Full under-bracing (H-shape rear braces etc) that come fitted from the factory

Upgrades/Mods:

4-1 stainless steel exhaust manifold

IL Motorsport twin-exit stainless exhaust system

Grooved and dotted discs with EBC Greenstuff pads

Eibach lowering springs (25mm)

Blaupunkt head-unit (nearly new) with 10cd changer in boot

Wheels at present are buddyclubs, but will come with either OEM 15" wheels (when I find some) or possibly some aftermarket wheels for additional cost (I have a set of 16" Rays/Volk that may be of interest).

The car has had a recent service, new fluids, plugs and coilpack.

I also have a gold hard top with heated rear window that can come with the car for the right price.

The photos show different wheels - the top ones are the most recent (no longer have the bronze Rotas).

Any queries, please PM or email (ecksjay@gmail.com) or if you'd rather call then pm me and i'll send you my mob number.

Thanks