External waste gate..

I see so the wastegate takes place of the actuator. Would I need to be running any specific ECU to run this or can it be run on standard ECU? i assume can be ran on standrad so long as I stay below fuel cut..?

Will be fine to run on stock ecu as long as the spring is below the value of fuel cut like you say. It's just a different means of controlling boost pressure, theres no power gains to be had, but you get a much more stable boost curve.

I've done this mate, you need a decent mani with external wastegate port, you will also need either a downpipe making with a dump pipe from the wastegate in it or if not a screamer pipe which avoids things in the engine bay.

You will then need a wastegate with spring, I have a Tial one but some people recommend the cheaper ones.

As for the internal wastegate, either get the penny welded up, get the arm the actuator attaches to tacked(if you ever want to undo this you can just hammer off the tack which is how i've done it), you can also use a bracket or even just keep the actuator attached with no vac lines on but this is somewhat of a bodge.

You won't really gain any power but I feel it allows you to use the power of the car as i found with all my mods and a ported wastegate i would creep to fuel cut in seconds even at 0.3 bar, with the external you can set it to 0.8 bar and spool up rapidly to that and it will hold there without overboosting or dropping off significantly.

again thank you for all the info lads, like i said previously these are my plans for the new year.

I've done this mate, you need a decent mani with external wastegate port, you will also need either a downpipe making with a dump pipe from the wastegate in it or if not a screamer pipe which avoids things in the engine bay.

You will then need a wastegate with spring, I have a Tial one but some people recommend the cheaper ones.

As for the internal wastegate, either get the penny welded up, get the arm the actuator attaches to tacked(if you ever want to undo this you can just hammer off the tack which is how i've done it), you can also use a bracket or even just keep the actuator attached with no vac lines on but this is somewhat of a bodge.

You won't really gain any power but I feel it allows you to use the power of the car as i found with all my mods and a ported wastegate i would creep to fuel cut in seconds even at 0.3 bar, with the external you can set it to 0.8 bar and spool up rapidly to that and it will hold there without overboosting or dropping off significantly.

what bhp have you made on this setup by this i assume you have a emb/emu?